Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-10-2018, 11:52 PM   #1
moredrowsy
Connoisseur
moredrowsy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Send to kindle question

Most of my ebooks are in epub format but unfortunately, I have a kindle and the send to kindle feature accepts only mobi format. So whenever I click send to "kindle email", calibre asks if I want to convert it to mobi before I send. So, just curious, does calibre have an option to automatically delete the generated mobi after sending?
moredrowsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 12:36 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by moredrowsy View Post
Most of my ebooks are in epub format but unfortunately, I have a kindle and the send to kindle feature accepts only mobi format. So whenever I click send to "kindle email", calibre asks if I want to convert it to mobi before I send. So, just curious, does calibre have an option to automatically delete the generated mobi after sending?
No
Are you tight on HD space?
If not, the file has been converted and will save time for future sends
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 02:06 AM   #3
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by moredrowsy View Post
As far as I know, once the mobi format has been generated, it is saved as an additional format in that book's directory. Saves time if you want to send it again.

If you are short enough on disk space that getting rid of those copies is needed, click on formats and select mobi. Select all the books listed, right click, remove books => remove files of a specific format from selected books, make sure the number of epub and mobi matches, select mobi and OK.

Edit: Try to remember to always finish reading the thread before replying.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2018, 04:59 AM   #4
moredrowsy
Connoisseur
moredrowsy began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
No, I have plenty of disk space. Just curious is all. Thanks for the replies.
moredrowsy is offline   Reply With Quote