Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 08-08-2018, 01:35 PM   #1
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Note 10.3 - Bluetooth turns off

I'm a very lazy person as Apache can tell you (just kidding) - I read in bed, using a mounting contraption for the Note, and I got myself a Bluetooth Remote to turn the pages.

I have the power settings thus:

Sleep: 30 Minutes
Power off timeout: 60 Minutes
Network Inactivity timeout: Never

My problem is that if the Note turns itself off, the Bluetooth also turns off and I have to manually re-enable it. Once I do my remote is back in play.

Does anyone know of an app that will force Bluetooth to stay on?

All my search results deal with discoverability - this is not my problem.

I want to keep Bluetooth on all the time.

Thanks.
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 10:22 PM   #2
bit101
Connoisseur
bit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Nova Pro
Did you ever find one? I'm having a similar problem with the Nova Pro and the new Onyx Bluetooth remote.
bit101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-22-2019, 11:36 PM   #3
stjoe
Connoisseur
stjoe began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DXG, Pocket eDGe, Kindle Paperwhite, Sony, Onyx N96, Onyx Nova
I am using the bluetooth remote with Nova Pro.

When I turn off (closing the cover), the bluetooth connection to remote will be lost but I just need to press any button on bluetooth remote, and the connection will be reestablished. I don't need to manually set the connection again.
stjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2019, 11:48 AM   #4
bit101
Connoisseur
bit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmosbit101 has become one with the cosmos

Device: Onyx Nova Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by stjoe View Post
I am using the bluetooth remote with Nova Pro.

When I turn off (closing the cover), the bluetooth connection to remote will be lost but I just need to press any button on bluetooth remote, and the connection will be reestablished. I don't need to manually set the connection again.
Not working for me. I think I've tried everything.
bit101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 12:29 AM   #5
Onyx Boox
Connoisseur
Onyx Boox is on a distinguished road

Device: Boox Ereader
Hello, thank you for your support to Onyx Boox first. And apologize for any inconvenience that has cause. We have forwarded this problem to our R&D team and this problem will be fixed with the firmware update. Below is the instruction for the firmware update and you could learn more from this video.

How to update the firmware of the Bluetooth Remote Control?

1. Download the “Onyx DFU-release” apk form here and install it in your Android phone.

2. Open the “Onyx DFU-release” App in your phone and then select the Bluetooth remote control at first step.

3. Make sure that you have opened your phone’s Bluetooth first, and then please kindly click any button of your remote control.

4. After the phone has paired with the Bluetooth control successfully, then click the “Update” button to easily update to the latest firmware.

5. Then you could try to repair the remote control with your Boox device.
Onyx Boox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-16-2019, 12:50 AM   #6
LordP
Zealot
LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LordP ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3
Sorry, the problem is not the remote - the Bluetooth in the Note turns off.

My remote is a cheap knock off I got from eBay a long while ago before you guys came out with yours.
LordP is offline   Reply With Quote