Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations

Notices

Old 08-03-2012, 12:16 AM   #1
BenG
Home Guard
BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BenG ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3G, iPhone 6
Gore Vidal

With the passing of Gore Vidal in the news I decided to check up on what electronic editions were available.

It looks like Amazon has all of his "American Chronicle" except for 1876.
Burr, Lincoln, Empire and Hollywood are all available as well as Messiah and various collections of essays. but no Julian, Myra Breckenridge, Live from Golgotha or The City and the Pillar.

I may get Empire and Hollywood since I haven't read those yet.

Some of my favorite quotes:

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise."

"I never miss a chance to have sex or appear on television."

"Any American who is prepared to run for president should automatically by definition be disqualified from ever doing so."

"Andy Warhol is the only genius I've ever known with an IQ of 60"

"A good deed never goes unpunished."

"Fifty percent of people won't vote, and fifty percent don't read newspapers. I hope it's the same fifty percent."

"The four most beautiful words in our common language: I told you so."
BenG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2012, 11:28 AM   #2
John A. A. Logan
Connoisseur
John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.John A. A. Logan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Always remember his intense rivalry with Norman Mailer which, according to Mailer's report, ended in violence just before a Dick Cavett show appearance(!)

He has a brief but somehow memorable cameo appearance in Fellini's film, ROMA, too.
John A. A. Logan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2012, 01:48 AM   #3
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
"Creation" doesn't seem to be out in ebook either.
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote