Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > Ectaco jetBook

Notices

Old 02-19-2010, 02:52 PM   #16
celson
celson is on a distinguished road

Device: jetBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kris777 View Post
jetBook-Lite supports same formats plus DRMed eREADER .PDB format so all books from ereader.com and fictionwise.com are supported now.
Any ideas about when will I have DRMed eREADER .PDB format in my jetBook (not the light one)?
celson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2010, 03:49 PM   #17
DJHARKAVY
Addict
DJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blueDJHARKAVY can differentiate black from dark navy blue

Device: Blackberry, jetbook lite
Quote:
Originally Posted by celson View Post
Any ideas about when will I have DRMed eREADER .PDB format in my jetBook (not the light one)?
According to Pavel on the ectaco forums, they originally intended to do it in January, but technical problems prevented it. They expect an update in March now.
DJHARKAVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2010, 09:00 AM   #18
celson

Brazilian review in portuguese

Here is my own review
http://anybit.net/index.php/2010/03/...e-do-kindle-2/

It's in portuguese. You can use Google Translator to read it.
Old 03-06-2010, 11:25 PM   #19
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
Quote:
Here is my own review

Nice review! I don't speak in Portuguese but Google translator was helpful
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2010, 07:10 AM   #20
celson

Thank you, Kris777 :-)
Old 09-11-2010, 08:38 PM   #21
Pinnacler
Pinnacler began at the beginning.

Device: none
Quote:
Here is my own review

Thank you for this review, as I just looked at it myself. Being new, I found it incredibly insightful and it might be the decision maker on whether or not I purchase one. I been wondering how it compared to a kindle device, and you pointed out a lot of things between them both. The blog was incredibly lengthy though, so I didn't have time to read it all yet, just skimmed through, but will definitely be giving it a full lookover tonight.
Pinnacler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2011, 02:05 PM   #22
Spanish Reader
Spanish Reader began at the beginning.

Device: Ectaco Jetbook
[I recently bought the Ectaco Jetbook, and I am less than thrilled with it. I was even less thrilled with the company's customer service, or should I say, lack of it. I bought the Jetbook because Ectaco specializes in translators; I wanted to be able to read in Spanish and to be able to look up the translation for words I do not know. So I thought a reader by a company that makes translators would be perfect. I was disappointed. The Jetbook does have a built-in Spanish-English dictionary, but it is insufficient for my needs. Compared to my Franklin Spanish-English electronic dictionary, the Ectaco one built into the Jetbook is insufficient. There are way too many words that are not included in the translator. While the Jetbook can translate several languages, I would much rather have only a Spanish-English translator with a more extensive dictionary. Also, I ordered the Spanish version because the advertisement on the Ectaco sight promised that it would be loaded with Spanish classics. Well it came loaded, but most of the books are classics from other countries, like the United States, that have been translated into Spanish, rather than books originally written by Spanish authors. Also, the dictionaries only work with TXT and FB2, but all of the books came in PDF. I called and e-mailed the company many times to find out why the dictionaries were not working, and then to find out how to convert the books to TXT or FB2, and OMG was that a disaster! The first person who answered the phone was rude. The next seemed to know nothing about the reader, said he would research it and call me back, and never did. And the person I e-mailed over and over was equally uninformed. It took a long time to resolve my problem, which I realize know, could have been resolved easily if the tech support person with whom I spoke had been more informed. Also, for anyone reading foreign language books and using the dictionaries, the way the buttons are placed, it is very easy to accidentally exit the book. I would also like to be able to highlight the word I want more easily and to be able to move from word to word on the page without having to exit out of the dictionary and start over. So overall, I was very disappointed in this product.
Spanish Reader is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 01:17 AM   #23
Kris777
Banned
Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Kris777 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, jetBook-Lite, jetBook mini, Toshiba Thrive, JETBOOK COLOR
jetBook K-12 video review (30 minutes)
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=164364
Kris777 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jetbook review ebook