Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 01-09-2018, 03:37 AM   #1
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
To create a list of italic characters

Hi

Last October I uploaded to MR the trials concerning a subset generator named pyftsubset, which is part of the fonttools project. The file is named trials.zip (4.24 MB)

As you know, I was - and still am - unable to provide pyftsubset with the list of used italic (bold, bolditalic...) characters to work with and had to make do with the full list of characters provided by the Report tool of your nice Editor.

I would be keen to make further trials using such dedicated lists of characters. If everything goes well (...), I would like to contribute to build a subset plugin for Sigil using the pyftsubset tool.

As you made available the Calibre source code and you told me that the Calibre subset generator makes use of such dedicated lists, I thought that maybe you would accept to finger the relevant lines of code dealing with the creation of such lists of characters and to give the name of the libraries you did use for this purpose.

I have been told that a BS4 parser is not sufficient because it cannot handle the intricacies of CSS contextual rules. So, any comment regarding the creation of such lists would of course be very much appreciated.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 03:53 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The code to collect stats is in polish/stats.py

But I highly doubt you will be able to use it directly in a sigil plugin since it depends on many other bits of code from calibre.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-09-2018, 07:51 PM   #3
roger64
Wizard
roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.roger64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW3 (wifi)
Thanks you for your reply.

Calibre is probably not the best place for my single purpose question because it handles one thousand things...

Last edited by roger64; 01-09-2018 at 09:12 PM.
roger64 is offline   Reply With Quote