Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-24-2013, 02:06 AM   #1
Glosnik
Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Can't read the book we bought on Amazon

Hello!
I have an issue with some content for KT. Firstly, I have to mention I own my brother's deregistered device.
1) I got a gift from my brother on Amazon, Spanish textbook. Then I realized that it can't be downloaded to my Kindle.
So I ended up with an azw book that I can read only on my PC, any ideas what to do? I tried to make a return, but it's impossible. I registred the one properly working device, and downloaded this book, but it works only on my bro's device. I'd like to read it on mine - not registered one. Tried Kindle DRM Removal, without success.

2) Do you know if it's possible to copy azw2 application to another Kindle? He have bought one app (Amazon Checklist), and it's working, but I'd like to use it also on my locked Kindle (without registration). I can copy some files or certificates, but where to look for?

Last edited by Glosnik; 02-24-2013 at 03:15 AM.
Glosnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:52 AM   #2
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
If your brother bought this book from his Amazon account, it can only be read on devices registered to that account. The simple solution is for you to register your Kindle to your brother's Amazon account.

We cannot provide any help with circumventing DRM here at MR.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2013, 11:17 AM   #3
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Perhaps the purchaser of the book could contact Amazon and request the purchase be changed to a "Give as a Gift," if possible?
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 01:57 PM   #4
Glosnik
Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.Glosnik can successfully navigate the Paris bus system.

It is actually given as a Gift, to my account. I own Kindle, that can't be registred again.
Old 02-24-2013, 02:22 PM   #5
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glosnik View Post
I own Kindle, that can't be registred again.
What does this mean?
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-24-2013, 03:25 PM   #6
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 5s
From your word usage I'm getting the impression that your Kindle is bricked. Is that why you can't/won't register it?
odiakkoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 03:49 PM   #7
Glosnik

Bricked, means not working? It's locked. There was some sort of problem with it, so Amazon send second unit, and blocked the first one. We don't have to send it back, so my brother gave it to me.
I thought I may use it, so I registered an account, and he bought me the book, as a gift.
Old 02-24-2013, 03:50 PM   #8
odiakkoh
Guru
odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odiakkoh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glosnik View Post
Bricked? It's locked. There was some sort of problem with it, so Amazon send second unit, and blocked the first one. We don't have to send it back, so my brother gave it to me.
I thought I may use it, so I registered an account, and he bought me the book, as a gift.
Yeah, that's what is known as a bricked device.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:12 PM   #9
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by odiakkoh View Post
Yeah, that's what is known as a bricked device.
Not as I understand it. The device still functions, it just can't be registered. Non-drm mobi and other compatible files will work just fine.

The only way the OP is going to get the book in question on the device is if he can strip the DRM. Alternately, I can't imagine that Amazon would refuse to refund the purchase. It's just a matter of the purchaser contacting Kindle Customer Service.
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:30 PM   #10
Glosnik

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post
Not as I understand it. The device still functions, it just can't be registered. Non-drm mobi and other compatible files will work just fine.

The only way the OP is going to get the book in question on the device is if he can strip the DRM. Alternately, I can't imagine that Amazon would refuse to refund the purchase. It's just a matter of the purchaser contacting Kindle Customer Service.
I had contacted with Customer Service twice, both from my and my brother's account, they can't make a refund or transfer anyhow the book to other account.
Old 02-24-2013, 04:55 PM   #11
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Perhaps it was stolen and then you acquired it?

We need a little more history on this device, please.

Don
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:16 PM   #12
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
1)
a. The term is "blacklisted"

b. Even if it was the semi-benign blacklisting described (so the device didn't have to be returned) the fact remains that it can't be registered... to any account.

c. If it can't be registered to any Amazon account, it can't read any DRMed Kindle book.

d. DRM removal is the only option and consequently can't be discussed here. It can be discussed other places, though.

e (optional).
Quote:
Exchange a Kindle Book Gift for an Amazon.com Gift Card

If you already own the Kindle book you received, would prefer to have something else, or aren't eligible to receive the gifted book we'll be happy to exchange it for you. We will provide you with an Amazon.com gift credit redeemable on millions of other items on Amazon.com including other Kindle books.

2) No.
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 05:35 PM   #13
odiakkoh
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by pidgeon92 View Post

Ah I figured the "There was some sort of problem with it" meant it wasn't working.