Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 03-27-2015, 02:23 AM   #151
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: DPT-S1
Quote:
Originally Posted by rem736 View Post
i broke down and purchased one from sony's website. at least the price has gone down about 10% from initial release. i have been waiting for a full A4 size e-ink reader for 2 years for use primarily with pdfs, so this will serve its purpose.

but i was wondering if it's at all possible to root/jailbreak and install an epub reader along with the stock software?
I don't know, but I also wanted to gain access to the system, therefore I asked about how accessible the memory is:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=257723
etn4Off provided good information there, if you're a bit into electronics...
ManDay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 01:32 PM   #152
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350, b&n ngp, rM2, kindle scribe, boox poke5
Quote:
Originally Posted by ManDay View Post
I don't know, but I also wanted to gain access to the system, therefore I asked about how accessible the memory is:
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=257723
etn4Off provided good information there, if you're a bit into electronics...
i don't think anyone should be messing on the hardware side. i thought it may be possible just reflashing the firmware or something. thanks.
rem736 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2015, 01:49 PM   #153
rem736
purpose priority passion
rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rem736 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

just got my dpt-s1 and i must say that i am impressed by its pdf capabilities. shipping was such a hassle, though. i work for a company with "forwarding" in the company name and apparently, they refuse to ship to "forwarding" companies. i explained that i work there and i am not simply receiving the device to forward to another location. they weren't satisfied with that so i had to change shipping to my home address. the problem is that they use fedex exclusively and fedex cannot get into the building because it is secured (and i am at work during regular business hours). i asked that they use usps, but they refuse. so fedex it is. and knowing this, i called fedex in advance to hold it at the fedex location so that i could go pick it up myself. i couldn't arrange this on the web because sony had specifically instructed that it be delivered only to that address and no other. but in the end i got. it. now, i actually look forward to reading my technical books.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:12 PM   #154
rem736
purpose priority passion

are there any folio types of cases that would accommodate this reader? it's so thin and light and flexible that i'm afraid of flexing it to much while carried in my bag, even with the sony supplied sleeve. i'm tempted to just get two plastic clipboards, remove the clips, and use them to sandwich the reader while in the bag during transport.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:48 AM   #155
ManDay
E-Reader
ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ManDay ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
just got my dpt-s1 and i must say that i am impressed by its pdf capabilities. shipping was such a hassle, though. i work for a company with "forwarding" in the company name and apparently, they refuse to ship to "forwarding" companies. i explained that i work there and i am not simply receiving the device to forward to another location. they weren't satisfied with that so i had to change shipping to my home address. the problem is that they use fedex exclusively and fedex cannot get into the building because it is secured (and i am at work during regular business hours). i asked that they use usps, but they refuse. so fedex it is. and knowing this, i called fedex in advance to hold it at the fedex location so that i could go pick it up myself. i couldn't arrange this on the web because sony had specifically instructed that it be delivered only to that address and no other.
Just brilliant! Thanks for sharing
Advert
Old 04-01-2015, 03:27 AM   #156
skobie78
Enthusiast
skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.skobie78 can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Sony PRS-T1, Onyx M92, Onyx Boox Max
Price reduced to $799.
http://goodereader.com/blog/electron...reduced-to-799

Last edited by skobie78; 04-01-2015 at 03:31 AM.
skobie78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 03:51 AM   #157
markom
Banned
markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.markom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs t1 kindle dx ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by skobie78 View Post
Let's wait for April the 2nd before giving it a big .

Last edited by markom; 04-01-2015 at 04:25 AM.
markom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2015, 07:49 AM   #158
ManDay
E-Reader

It's on the official page, for real. But lets wait for tomorrow, indeed. We didn't get to know Snoy as being a reasonable company, and them showing a bit of reason on the 1st of April is kind of suspicious.

(I already fell for two 1st of April jokes today, so I've learnt my lesson - until next year)
Old 04-01-2015, 01:41 PM   #159
rem736
purpose priority passion

thank goodness this isn't a april fool's joke. i just purchased it at 999 a few days ago. i called sony and they said they will refund me the difference of 200. got an email confirmation as well.
Old 04-01-2015, 03:18 PM   #160
ManDay
E-Reader

Quote:
thank goodness this isn't a april fool's joke. i just purchased it at 999 a few days ago. i called sony and they said they will refund me the difference of 200. got an email confirmation as well.
Heh, that sounds so unlike Sony, are you sure you called the right number?
Old 04-01-2015, 03:35 PM   #161
rem736
purpose priority passion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManDay View Post
Heh, that sounds so unlike Sony, are you sure you called the right number?
yep. 877-865-7669
Old 04-02-2015, 12:56 AM   #162
T.W.G
Connoisseur
T.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of lightT.W.G is a glorious beacon of light

Device: prs-505
That might be a sign of discontinueing of the product.

I still want to buy one but it is impossible from Germany! :-(
T.W.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2015, 03:22 PM   #163
rem736
purpose priority passion

are there any options out there for this device as far as a folio type cover is concerned? i would even be willing to buy the type that holds the device through the use of 4 elastic bands at the corners. but i can't find any that's documented to be large enough to accommodate this device.

Last edited by rem736; 04-02-2015 at 03:24 PM.
Old 04-02-2015, 03:45 PM   #164
ManDay
E-Reader

Can anyone confirm when and if they got the new 1.4 version of the firmware running on the English device?

http://www.sony.jp/digital-paper/support/update/dpt-s1/ver1_4_feature.html

I've not yet spotted the update anywhere on the English Sony site.

Last edited by ManDay; 04-03-2015 at 05:08 AM.
Old 04-03-2015, 09:01 AM   #165
fgdas
Addict
fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fgdas ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: 13inch
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.W.G View Post
That might be a sign of discontinueing of the product.
Or updated version 2 coming?!
fgdas is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
crop, croppdf