Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Writer2ePub

Notices

Old 02-28-2021, 11:23 AM   #1
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Strange error message at opening epub in Sigil

Windows 10, 64 bit (another computer with 32 bit), Sigil v. 1.4.3 LibreOffice v. 7.0.4.2 Writer2epub v. 1.1.28.

I'm very satisfied with the plugin; it works super-reliable.
But there is one issue appearing steadily when I want to open a epub created by the tool in Sigil. The message is - more or less, for I have to translate it:
"This epub contains not correctly built HTML files or files with missing DOCTYPE, html, head or body elemts. Sigil can try to repair those files automatically which may in few cases lead to loss of data."

When I click "o.k.", everything is fine and I can work easily with it.
But, as this messages occurs always with epubs built with the tool, I wonder what kind of errors might that be, and if it were possible to avoid them from scratch.

Is this a known issue?
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2021, 04:15 PM   #2
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
The message is - more or less, for I have to translate it:
"This EPUB has HTML files that are not well formed or are missing a DOCTYPE, html, head, or body elements. Sigil can automatically fix these files, although this may result in minor data loss in extreme circumstances."
This has nothing to do with the Writer2Epub. A couple of versions ago, KevinH added a missing doctype check, because HTML files without doctypes are technically invalid, even though EPUBCheck won't report this as an error.
I.e., you'll get the same error message for any number of books created by totally different apps.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2021, 05:51 AM   #3
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah, thank you! So, there is nothing I can/should do before creating the epub, supposingly?
Old 03-02-2021, 05:54 AM   #4
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
Ah, thank you! So, there is nothing I can/should do before creating the epub, supposingly?
Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2022, 11:07 AM   #5
Leonatus
Wizard

Sorry, I should open a new thread!

Last edited by Leonatus; 05-04-2022 at 11:27 AM.