Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 11-07-2022, 11:54 AM   #31
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
I have multiple ereaders. I can say Kindle DX is worse than Kobo Forma 8" for pdf. 150dpi is just not enough, and battery on mine is almost dead because of its age.
It's worse than a 6.8″ 300dpi ereader.
The battery is cheap and easily replaced, but really I wonder was it a waste of my time and money!
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2022, 07:29 PM   #32
Marinolino
Groupie
Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Marinolino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura-One (using KOReader app), Boox Note-3, iPad(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
On unprotected PDFs. It's also significant work for an existing collection.
I've done it for PW3 & DX. I'd not go back to using something that doesn't crop & turnpages on the device.
On DX/DXG we can install KPV viewer (Koreader for non-touch e-readers) which has got all the necessary pdf cropping & zooming functions, makes rendering faster and visually better because of its contrast function, and unlike DXG's native pdf reader it makes use of the whole screen.

Last edited by Marinolino; 11-07-2022 at 08:06 PM.
Marinolino is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-08-2022, 03:06 AM   #33
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by hel View Post
I use Note2 Air and that is better for A5+ pdfs.
The last 10.3 inch Boox device with a good screen was the Note Air 1.
The following Notes devices are provided with the deteriorating writing foil - the difference in quality is clearly visible.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 07:59 AM   #34
Pipp8888
Pipp8888 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10th gen
Is 200€ for a Boox Note Pro (second hand but in great condition) a good price?
Pipp8888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 08:45 AM   #35
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marinolino View Post
On DX/DXG we can install KPV viewer (Koreader for non-touch e-readers) which has got all the necessary pdf cropping & zooming functions, makes rendering faster and visually better because of its contrast function, and unlike DXG's native pdf reader it makes use of the whole screen.
I imagine it's still rubbish compared with 8″ 300 dpi Sage or slightly less dots 10.3″ 227 dpi Elipsa. I've processed PDFs to both mono and 16 shades and cropped margins, but the unprocessed ones are still better on native PDF reader on 7.9″ 300 dpi Boyue Likebook Mars (Meebook P78 nearly identical) or Sage.

I did "jailbreak" my DXG simply to have sleep cover from book being read. I did change system fonts, which looks nicer but changed it back. Only used now occasionally to test new styles on mobi, but I most use the KK3 for that as it also gives an idea what azw3 might be like on older 167 dpi Kindle Basics as well as all the mobi only 6″ Kindles.

Also the Kindle DXG is simply too heavy to spend 4 hours plus reading a novel on. Still, I'd install KPV if I was giving it away. The 3G and 2G/Edge it uses is likely to still work here in Ireland for some years.

I hope Amazon learned from the DX/DXG for education debacle how NOT to do a PDF viewer on ink and Scribe a is sensible PDF ereader

Last edited by Quoth; 11-08-2022 at 08:49 AM.
Advert
Old 11-08-2022, 10:18 AM   #36
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pipp8888 View Post
Is 200€ for a Boox Note Pro (second hand but in great condition) a good price?
I donot know - where do you live?
Because
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 01:04 PM   #37
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I donot know - where do you live?
Because
Moronically badly designed paranoid website
Quote:
www.techinthebasket.de
Checking if the site connection is secure
www.techinthebasket.de needs to review the security of your connection before proceeding.
Did you know some signs of bot malware on your computer are computer crashes, slow internet, and a slow computer?
Stupid message. It't their own HTTPS. They just block less common browser strings and block your Browser if it has extra security! Idiots.
Old 11-08-2022, 03:18 PM   #38
hel
Sorceress
hel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to beholdhel is a splendid one to behold

Device: Onyx Air2&Nova 3C,Kindle oasis1,Kobo Forma,iPad pro 12.9&9.7,and more.
Likebook p10 has 200ppi )) pen is bad as well... uhh... Boox note pro is better by all mean.Also I can't compare air2 screen with previous boox 10" since I don't have it. AIR2 still has a descent screen. Also I use it as notepad and really like to write on it.
hel is offline   Reply With Quote