Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 09-25-2012, 08:13 PM   #1
GaryThomas
GaryThomas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Stumped-Calibre won't seem to send books to my Kindle 3

Hi All: I was using Calibre just fine, and I just downloaded the latest release a day ago. Now, either the Kindle 3 that I have is malfunctioning, or Calibre isn't working properly because it won't seem to transfer the books to my Kindle. Calibre says they are on the device, but my Kindle doesn't show any of my books I downloaded from Calibre...any ideas?
GaryThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2012, 01:02 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You are likely transferring azw3 books and you have not updated the firmware on your kindle to 3.4. Right click on the Kindle icon in calibre, select configure this device and tell calibre not to send azw3 to your kindle.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-26-2012, 09:48 PM   #3
GaryThomas
GaryThomas began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Let's see...Albert Einstein, Thomas Edison, Nikola Tesla, and...Kovid Goyal ; yep...I can say that our Kovid makes the cut of genius (imho!). I upgraded my Kindle 3 to the firmware update 3.4; and then did as KG suggested, and de-selected the azw3 option. Calibre was then sending the books to my Kindle, and indeed they appeared! I am very grateful to KG for replying and for taking time to help me solve this problem.
GaryThomas is offline   Reply With Quote