Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 01-04-2018, 01:58 AM   #106
fernsruben
Connoisseur
fernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Aura, Galaxy Tab 3
Cool Feedback!

So hey LikeBook'ers

I've been a user of the T62 and Kindle Paperwhite for a while. Got myself a LikeBook plus from AliExpress from the official company store recently tho. I've had the fortune of building a good repo with the after sales team and got in touch with a few devs too. I have though, just recently, come active on MobileRead.

Never the less, I have also been having to and fro communications with the team on issues with the device and been doing some basic testing and reporting.

Keep an eye out for OTA update v1.0.2-2017122910 which has a lot of bug fixes and refinements to the reading apps and battery improvements.

So, going forward, I request all owners of the Boyue LikeBook Plus and Icarus Illumina XL HD (same device, same manufacturer, same software developers, just re-branded and sold in other markets) to make a list of issues they face with their devices. Also mention any suggestions or feature requests ya'll might have.

I will compile suggestions listed out by everyone and report back to Boyue for them to work on the same. Do list out issues/ suggestions in point form. Makes it easier for me to compile a master list. If this could be done within a week or two from the date of this post, would be great.

The dev team is working on the following issues for now:
1. Deleting dialogue box: When deleting an item, the dialogue box shows "Do you wan to delete this book?" for non book items too. Also, the spelling of 'deleting' is wrongly spelled as 'deleteing' in the deletion processing toast message.

2. PDF Reader: The app crashes on PDF files more than 15/ 20 MB. Also, if 'page re-flow' has been selected and font size changed, the settings get reset once the device has been powered off and re-booted.

3. Epub/ Mobi Reader: Settings are reset upon restarting device.

4. Battery Life: Using WIFI and Bluetooth drains the battery very-very fast. Backlight on lever 3 reduces the battery by 1 percent in 2 hours.

5. Dictionary app: Certain words which are detected while reading a book are not detected standalone in the app.

Ciao!

P.s., Regarding having an updated version of Android (dream of Android Oreo Go), the team had apparently considered this and approached RockChip (SOC Mfg.) for support and development sources. however due to low demand for such chips, there exists little to no upward development and hence, no hopes for the latest Android releases (for now, at least).

Last edited by fernsruben; 01-04-2018 at 04:21 AM.
fernsruben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2018, 06:12 PM   #107
Oscarrr
Oscarrr began at the beginning.

Device: BOYUE Likebook Plus, Boyue T62D
Another issue: integrated cover pictures are not seen neither on the main page, nor in the library.
I have a Boyue T62D, there this works flawlessly.
Oscarrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-04-2018, 10:36 PM   #108
jscris
Addict
jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.jscris is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: k1 - KAO2, ipads, h2o, KA1, inkBOOK, T80s, Mars, Nova Pro
V1.0.2-2018010215 available for Likebook Plus. Just downloaded and installed.
jscris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 01:10 AM   #109
fernsruben
Connoisseur
fernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileReadfernsruben has read every ebook posted at MobileRead

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by jscris View Post
V1.0.2-2018010215 available for Likebook Plus. Just downloaded and installed.
Excellent! Let me know in case you have any issues. Will forward it to the team.
Old 01-05-2018, 01:11 AM   #110
fernsruben
Connoisseur

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oscarrr View Post
Another issue: integrated cover pictures are not seen neither on the main page, nor in the library.
I have a Boyue T62D, there this works flawlessly.
It's a known issue. reported. Apparently the issue is with reading and parsing metadata. The team said they're working on it.
Advert
Old 01-05-2018, 06:25 AM   #111
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by fernsruben View Post
Keep an eye out for OTA update v1.0.2-2017122910 which has a lot of bug fixes and refinements to the reading apps and battery improvements.

So, going forward, I request all owners of the Boyue LikeBook Plus and Icarus Illumina XL HD
Instead of via OTA (for the Icarus Illumina XL HD folks) do they have a URL where the latest firmware can be downloaded?
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2018, 08:53 AM   #112
fernsruben
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
Instead of via OTA (for the Icarus Illumina XL HD folks) do they have a URL where the latest firmware can be downloaded?
Nope, they don't at the moment. I could request them to do that. Would be beneficial and logical right?

Sent from my AO5510 using Tapatalk
Old 01-05-2018, 11:43 AM   #113
fernsruben
Connoisseur

Software Update Files for Boyue LikeBook Plus T80s!!

Hey there. Here's the thread for all downloads, technical stuff and rocket science. Will keep that separate and easier to find by this thread: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=293799

Last edited by fernsruben; 01-10-2018 at 01:33 PM.
Old 01-06-2018, 05:07 AM   #114
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Note: This update is specifically developed and intended for the T80s only. Users of the Icarus Illumina XL HD should note that I shall take no responsibility if updating their devices with the T80s update causes any issues. However the build props match, with the same hardware and same software. Icarus does a few build.prop renaming tweaks for region specific settings.
Worked fine on my Icarus Illumina XL HD.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:02 AM   #115
Matilo
Zealot
Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mars, kindle Paperwhite 2nd generation, kindle fire hdx 8.9
I had the Icarus Illumina XL HD for a week. Then there came out the Tolino Epos with the bluelightfilter / moonlight so I changed it for the Epos. Unfortunately the Epos can not handle pdf files so good as the Illumina XL HD and some other issues like smaller battery, no A2 Mode etc. .

To make a long story short, if the Icarus Illumina XL HD had a Bluelightfilter / moonlight I would kept / bought it immediately.

@ fernsruben
Please reflect this to the developers.
Matilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 09:16 AM   #116
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matilo View Post
To make a long story short, if the Icarus Illumina XL HD had a Bluelightfilter / moonlight I would kept / bought it immediately.
I thought a blue-light filter was for use with back-lit tablet screens. This is an eink screen and as such isn't back-lit.
Old 01-06-2018, 09:31 AM   #117
Matilo
Zealot
Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Matilo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Mars, kindle Paperwhite 2nd generation, kindle fire hdx 8.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DoctorOhh View Post
I thought a blue-light filter was for use with back-lit tablet screens. This is an eink screen and as such isn't back-lit.
No! Moonlight means beside the blue LEDs there are integrated some yellow/orange LEDs too. The only ereaders with an open Android System that also has such additional LEDs is the ONYX BOOX T76 ML CARTA+ and the Crema Grande (not available in Europe) but I need an eReader with at least Android 4.2 and 7.8 inch.

Maybe it would be also a solution to replace the blue LEDs with much more white ones so that the light is comparable with the light on the kindle paperwhite 2 from 2013.

Last edited by Matilo; 01-06-2018 at 09:46 AM.
Matilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 10:02 AM   #118
Oscarrr
Oscarrr began at the beginning.

Device: BOYUE Likebook Plus, Boyue T62D
New Clone on The Block

https://www.dns-shop.ru/product/ffb1...aracteristics/
Oscarrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 03:08 PM   #119
afainber
Connoisseur
afainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the roughafainber is a jewel in the rough

Device: Boyue Likebook Plus, Inkbook Explore
Quote:
So hey LikeBookers! Here's the firmware file for the latest SW update for Boyue LikeBook Plus T80s.

Instructions:
1. Download the zip file from the link.
2. Rename it as 'update.zip' and paste it in the parent directory of your device.
3. Then go to 'Settings' > 'System Updates' > 'From local memory'.
4. Wait for the device to reboot.
5. Voila!

Note: This update is specifically developed and intended for the T80s only. Users of the Icarus Illumina XL HD should note that I shall take no responsibility if updating their devices with the T80s update causes any issues. However the build props match, with the same hardware and same software. Icarus does a few build.prop renaming tweaks for region specific settings.

Download Link: BoyueLikeBookPlusT80sUpdateV1.0.2-2018010215.zip

Have fun!

Hi,

Do you happen to have or know where to get the previous version of the firmware?
I upgraded to the newest one and found out that one of the "battery optimizations" is that the WiFi turns off when the device is asleep regardless of the WiFi settings (maybe the same is true for Bluetooth, didn't check).
This is completely unacceptable for me and I'd like to roll back to the old firmware that had this behavior correctly controlled by the Wifi settings.
afainber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2018, 07:14 AM   #120
fernsruben
Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by afainber View Post
Hi,

Do you happen to have or know where to get the previous version of the firmware?
I upgraded to the newest one and found out that one of the "battery optimizations" is that the WiFi turns off when the device is asleep regardless of the WiFi settings (maybe the same is true for Bluetooth, didn't check).
This is completely unacceptable for me and I'd like to roll back to the old firmware that had this behavior correctly controlled by the Wifi settings.
Well, apparently that was one of their battery fixes. It's an e-reader after all. Meant to be off when off.

Anyways, I've updated the old software update link in my post here: https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...37#post3636337