Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 09-29-2014, 10:19 AM   #31
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
The Forefront case is on the left, with no button. The one on the right is the incipio book cover, I think, that does have the button hole
Ah - thanks for the explanation. I thought they were pics of the front and back of the same cover .
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:31 AM   #32
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle PW SE & Kindle 2022
Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryT View Post
Ah - thanks for the explanation. I thought they were pics of the front and back of the same cover .
I edited my post above as the one with the button is the back of the official Amazon cover. The Belkin and Incipio covers both have a hole for the button. So far third party cases have no hole at all.

I'll be fine with no hole so long as the kindle slides in on both sides like my third part kobo cover, that way it's easy to slide the device up to get to the power button if it's needed.
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2014, 11:06 AM   #33
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I edited my post above as the one with the button is the back of the official Amazon cover. The Belkin and Incipio covers both have a hole for the button. So far third party cases have no hole at all.

I'll be fine with no hole so long as the kindle slides in on both sides like my third part kobo cover, that way it's easy to slide the device up to get to the power button if it's needed.
If it's a sleep case, though, there really should be no reason to need the power button on a routine basis: just open and close the case.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:08 AM   #34
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I often leave mine open on my lap, watch the telly then realise it's turned off, then I use the button but I guess I'll just have to open and close the cover instead!
Old 09-29-2014, 01:11 PM   #35
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Paperwhite
I've lost track on what's been mentioned, but quite a few more options are now available. I like the ACcase. Slim and has auto wake. It's pictured with the basic kindle, but it's for the voyage.

http://smile.amazon.com/ACcase-Kindl...le+voyage+case
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	mm.jpg
Views:	394
Size:	13.0 KB
ID:	129077  
sparklemotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-29-2014, 02:24 PM   #36
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer

I've cancelled the Fore Front case in favor of this to tide me over so I have a case when my Voyage arrives. Tbh I really want a permanent case with a hole for the on/off button

I figured for £1.99 and free postage this wasn't a bad deal, plus the shape of the inside of the case allows for a bit of tolerance. At worst I've lost £2 at best I've got a beach case

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	129081  
Old 09-29-2014, 04:03 PM   #37
BookAdmin
Enthusiast
BookAdmin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookAdmin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookAdmin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookAdmin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookAdmin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookAdmin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookAdmin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookAdmin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookAdmin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookAdmin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookAdmin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kindle
[QUOTE=pidgeon92;2933814]I mentioned in another thread that I am hoping they make this cover for the Voyage:

Where did see this cover? Is it sold on Amazon?

It's absolutely gorgeous !
BookAdmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 04:18 PM   #38
RDaneel54
Aging Positronic Brain
RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RDaneel54 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Oasis; iPhone, iPad Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post
I've lost track on what's been mentioned, but quite a few more options are now available. I like the ACcase. Slim and has auto wake. It's pictured with the basic kindle, but it's for the voyage.

Excellent! I'm cancelling my Belkin order and getting this one - Sky Blue. thanks for the heads up!

Good Golly, I just checked their shipping speed and expected shipping date. They're not exactly rushing these out to their customers. Release date Oct 21, expected ship date Nov 10 with standard delivery 17 - 28 business days (AKA day after Christmas). Of course they have an expedited shipping for $8.99 that takes 1 - 3 business days. No complaints, just surprised. It's still less than the Belkin, has auto wake/sleep and is in a color I like.

Last edited by RDaneel54; 09-29-2014 at 04:30 PM. Reason: Added comments.
RDaneel54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 05:18 PM   #39
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered
sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sparklemotion ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDaneel54 View Post
Excellent! I'm cancelling my Belkin order and getting this one - Sky Blue. thanks for the heads up!

Good Golly, I just checked their shipping speed and expected shipping date. They're not exactly rushing these out to their customers. Release date Oct 21, expected ship date Nov 10 with standard delivery 17 - 28 business days (AKA day after Christmas). Of course they have an expedited shipping for $8.99 that takes 1 - 3 business days. No complaints, just surprised. It's still less than the Belkin, has auto wake/sleep and is in a color I like.
You're more than welcome! I love the sky blue one too. I'm really considering this case. A shame about the delivery date, although I find often times it will state delivery dates far ahead, but you actually receive the case much, much sooner. Hopefully that will be the case here!
Old 09-29-2014, 06:37 PM   #40
pidgeon92
Wizard
pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pidgeon92 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, Kindle Voyage, Kindle DXG, Boox M90, Kobo Aura HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookAdmin View Post
Where did see this cover? Is it sold on Amazon?

It's absolutely gorgeous !
The picture is a link. Click on it. Right now, they are only made for the previous model Kindles.....
pidgeon92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 09:59 PM   #41
Ocicat
Groupie
Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ocicat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Librie,PRS900,950,K4, KT, PW1&2, KV
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparklemotion View Post

Many thanks, i ordered the navy blue.

Seems to be shipping by boat from China, will arrive in december!
I did have one of their cases before for one of my toys, decent PU for the price, didn't take 2-3 months to arrive, so i sent them an email to question their estimates.
Ocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 10:14 PM   #42
sparklemotion
dangerous when cornered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ocicat View Post
Many thanks, i ordered the navy blue.

Seems to be shipping by boat from China, will arrive in december!
I did have one of their cases before for one of my toys, decent PU for the price, didn't take 2-3 months to arrive, so i sent them an email to question their estimates.
I'll be curious what they say. That's a pretty crazy estimate. I recently had an Amazon purchase that said it would take 6 - 8 weeks to arrive and I received it in 4 days. Hopefully it will be more like that.
Old 09-29-2014, 10:54 PM   #43
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
My daughter has the Fintie Folio for the PW1 and I like it. This AC case seems like a good, inexpensive choice for the Voyage. I'm ordering one in black.
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2014, 11:52 PM   #44
xendula
eBookworm
xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.xendula ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 4B/K ~ Nexus 7 ~ Kindle Paperwhite 1&2 ~ iPad Air
About the AC case: I think they may be waiting to get a device in hand, before manufacturing the case, then shipping it. Some ither cases in the US and in some European Amazon stores have similar shipping date estimates.
xendula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2014, 12:00 AM   #45
speedlever
Fanatic
speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.speedlever can fool all of the people all of the time.

Device: PW2014, PW2012, iPad Pro
You may well be right. I just checked on my order and see the Voyage with an estimated delivery date of Nov. 12th and the AC case with an estimated shipping date of Nov. 10th.

So that's a bit different than what was stated when I initially placed the order a few minutes ago. But different in a better way.
speedlever is offline   Reply With Quote