Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 10-17-2012, 01:23 PM   #1
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Firmware Update

Ok, I just synched my touch and it is now installing new firmware!
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 01:27 PM   #2
nogle
Gangnam style!
nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nogle ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
version 2.1.5

Last edited by nogle; 10-17-2012 at 02:51 PM. Reason: Oops - apparently I can't count...
nogle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
kram
kram has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kram has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kram has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kram has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kobo Touch
I just checked. I had manually installed 2.1.4 r43710 10/1/12 from link previously and when I sync'd just now I received a software update to 2.1.5 r43939 10/12/12

Last edited by kram; 10-17-2012 at 02:14 PM.
kram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:07 PM   #4
llcj
Addict
llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.llcj ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo touch
Just now received update and it is 2.1.5 r43939, 10/12/12.

Seems a lot faster although I haven't had time to play with it.
llcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:18 PM   #5
p_a_smith
Me, Myself, but not I
p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.p_a_smith ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Acer 200, Asus FHD, Kobo Touch
I just updated to 2.1.5 r43939 (10/12/12)
p_a_smith is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-17-2012, 02:55 PM   #6
JD Gumby
Cynical Old Curmudgeon
JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JD Gumby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Mini, Kobo Arc, HTC Desire C
Upgrade in process. Why I'm doing it now instead of waiting a week or two to find out if anything's fixed and what has gotten worse is beyond me...
JD Gumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:06 PM   #7
Slartibartfaust
Enthusiast
Slartibartfaust began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD Gumby View Post
Upgrade in process. Why I'm doing it now instead of waiting a week or two to find out if anything's fixed and what has gotten worse is beyond me...
Heheh, Been there done that, very happy with 2.1.4, I shall wait this time for sure.....
Slartibartfaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:07 PM   #8
roycymru
Connoisseur
roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'roycymru has never once had to say 'it's on the tip of my tongue...'

Sounds promising. Are you all based in Canada?
roycymru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:10 PM   #9
vice-versa
whippet addict
vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vice-versa ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Aura 6", Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One, Kobo Sage
still no update for my Touch here in France, just tried to sync it but still with the 2.0.0 on it...
vice-versa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:22 PM   #10
kaikara
Zealot
kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kaikara ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, Kobo Touch, Kobo Vox
Did mine and got upgraded to 2.1.5 - page turns are fast and everything looks good to me. Avenir font still has the italics bolded though.

Tried my wifes right after and did not get the update. Both were at 2.1.4 and in Canada.
kaikara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:25 PM   #11
Suzanna
Living in the past
Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Suzanna ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura HD, Kobo Arc
Ooh, software is downloading. Here's to hoping I don't regret this! I'd manually installed 2.1.4 and was very happy with it.

ETA:

Looking good so far. One of the upgrades listed was better text selection. From the limited try I did (on a sideloaded epub) the little handles are much more responsive and accurate when selected a passage. Definitely a plus.

EDIT #2:

Forgot to mention the new firmware number for me is also 2.1.5 (r43939, 10/12/12)

Last edited by Suzanna; 10-17-2012 at 04:30 PM.
Suzanna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 03:55 PM   #12
volpo
Addict
volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.volpo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara 2E, Glo HD
My KT, bought in NYC but lives in Montreal not updating yet. Hope I don't have to wait long.
volpo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:02 PM   #13
fbrII
F. BluDevil
fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fbrII ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad3 pro, Kobo Libra, Kindle Paperwhite
2.0.0 in the USA and no update yet
fbrII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:45 PM   #14
Jeff1192
Connoisseur
Jeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toysJeff1192 shares his or her toys

Device: Kobo touch
Nothing in Ottawa.........
Jeff1192 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 04:51 PM   #15
aen0
aen0 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo by Fnac
Kobo Glo just became unresponsive while downloading the update :/. Forced a restart and it was fine but this is just meh.

Edit : just did it again and updated to ... the same version I was already at. Nice.
Edit 2 : hmm, the changelog was 2.1.4 but the version is 2.1.5. Weird.

Last edited by aen0; 10-17-2012 at 04:56 PM.
aen0 is offline   Reply With Quote