Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-24-2012, 06:55 AM   #31
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kt
I prepared a new version with non-functioning buttons hidden.
I also noticed that "New" menu option does nothing. I fixed it and it starts a new instance of editor which is not the best option in case of kindle window manager that doesn't support switching between windows.
There is also a bug in "Save as" dialog. When you want to overwrite a file, notepad asks for confirmation. Unfortunately this window is not visible. Pressing return key confirms the action.
baf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:20 AM   #32
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Device: kindle touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by baf View Post
I prepared a new version with non-functioning buttons hidden.
I have these buttons work! Maybe because I have firmware 5.0.0. It is unfortunate that you have hidden them. They are very useful. They never stopped anyone! Now I will have to stay on the 0.2 version.
Lydovig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2012, 07:27 AM   #33
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lydovig View Post
I have these buttons work! Maybe because I have firmware 5.0.0. It is unfortunate that you have hidden them. They are very useful. They never stopped anyone! Now I will have to stay on the 0.2 version.
Or, you could post a proposed patch to detect the firmware version at runtime to make the buttons conditional.

If the author accepts your patch, then everyone can have it "their way".
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 07:43 AM   #34
baf
Evangelist
baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.baf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I wonder how it is possible. Could you show me a screenshot with one of this dialogs open, e.g. "Rename File"? And output of "xwininfo -root -children | grep -i leaf", when the dialog is shown?
Old 09-24-2012, 07:47 AM   #35
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post
Or, you could post a proposed patch to detect the firmware version at runtime to make the buttons conditional.

Do you know where is stored the firmware's version?
I searched it some times ago but I couldn't find anything!
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-24-2012, 07:55 AM   #36
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
On 5.1.2 I have file /etc/prettyversion.txt
Old 09-24-2012, 08:03 AM   #37
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by silver18 View Post
I searched it some times ago but I couldn't find anything!
It's a combination of /etc/version and /etc/prettyversion.txt...

[root@kindle root]# cat /etc/version.txt /etc/prettyversion.txt
System Software Version: 004-juno_2_0_1_yoshi-167953
Tue Jul 17 17:00:45 PDT 2012
Kindle 5.1.2 (~~otaVersion~~)

More detail:
Spoiler:

This is straight from some (now dead) JBPatch code documentation:

/* The Amazon logic to determine the version seems to use the native
* libraries liblab126utilsjni and liblab126utils, to determine the
* "revision" of the Kindle from /etc/version.txt. Without having
* thoroughly decompiled everything, the device info
* "Kindle 5.1.0 (1557760049)" seems to stem from /etc/prettyversion.txt
* (for the first part), and the first line of /etc/version.txt:
* In this case it was:
* System Software Version: 049-juno_2_yoshi-155776
* So the "end" (155776), concatenated with the "beginning" (049), and
* some filler zeroes in between. */

ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:16 AM   #38
Lydovig
Zealot
Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.Lydovig shapes the world with his or her thoughts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by knc1 View Post

The author will decide what will happen next. I have already expressed my opinion: I want the button and I'll be on version 0.2.

Test the functionality of the buttons in the other directories. Everything worked perfectly. The dialog box appears, delete and rename files, navigate through the directory normally.

And could the happy owners of firmware 5.1.x just do not press the buttons? I do not fault that you have a bad firmware.

Last edited by Lydovig; 09-24-2012 at 08:22 AM.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:19 AM   #39
Lydovig
Zealot

Quote:
....when the dialog is shown?
OK. When I shall come home necessarily publish a screenshot.
Old 09-24-2012, 08:22 AM   #40
silver18
THE NOOB
silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.silver18 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch 5.3.2
Quote:
On 5.1.2 I have file /etc/prettyversion.txt
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
It's a combination of /etc/version and /etc/prettyversion.txt...

[root@kindle root]# cat /etc/version.txt /etc/prettyversion.txt
System Software Version: 004-juno_2_0_1_yoshi-167953
Tue Jul 17 17:00:45 PDT 2012
Kindle 5.1.2 (~~otaVersion~~)

More detail:
Spoiler:

This is straight from some (now dead) JBPatch code documentation:

/* The Amazon logic to determine the version seems to use the native
* libraries liblab126utilsjni and liblab126utils, to determine the
* "revision" of the Kindle from /etc/version.txt. Without having
* thoroughly decompiled everything, the device info
* "Kindle 5.1.0 (1557760049)" seems to stem from /etc/prettyversion.txt
* (for the first part), and the first line of /etc/version.txt:
* In this case it was:
* System Software Version: 049-juno_2_yoshi-155776
* So the "end" (155776), concatenated with the "beginning" (049), and
* some filler zeroes in between. */

Thanks to both of you!!
It seems I didn't search so well...
silver18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2012, 08:36 AM   #41
Lydovig
Zealot

baf

Screenshot of the dialog box "rename file".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2012-09-24T12_23_49-0000.gif
Views:	385
Size:	26.4 KB
ID:	92807  
Old 09-24-2012, 08:50 AM   #42
baf
Evangelist

Thanks!
And output of "xwininfo -root -children | grep -i leaf", when the dialog is shown?
Old 09-24-2012, 09:04 AM   #43
Lydovig
Zealot

Quote:
Thanks!
And output of "xwininfo -root -children | grep -i leaf", when the dialog is shown?
I understand very little about what the dialogue in question. Made a few more screenshots to show you how I go to the root directory and delete the file in another directory.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2011-08-01T00_03_12-0000.gif
Views:	364
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	92809   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2011-08-01T00_03_32-0000.gif
Views:	346
Size:	37.2 KB
ID:	92810   Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot_2011-08-01T00_09_40-0000.gif
Views:	341
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	92811  
Old 09-24-2012, 09:10 AM   #44
baf
Evangelist

Quote:
I understand very little about what the dialogue in question.
Sorry! I mean start leafpad and open one of the dialog windows, as on screenshots. Then ssh to your kindle and paste given command into terminal. Copy the output of the command and paste to your post on the forum.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #45
Lydovig
Zealot

Quote:
Sorry! I mean start leafpad and open one of the dialog windows, as on screenshots. Then ssh to your kindle and paste given command into terminal. Copy the output of the command and paste to your post on the forum.
You mean that euzhno run "putty" to go on the ssh protocol as the user "Root" and enter "xwininfo -root -children | grep -i leaf"?

Tags
launcher add-ons