Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 12-09-2018, 08:17 AM   #1
lainrgz
lainrgz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Exporting Highlights and Notes to copy them in Evernote

Hello Everyone

Since the book I have don't show up in read.amazon; I installed the annotation plugin and fetched my highlights. However, I want to copy them in a clean way to Evernote, because that's where I store all my infos. Do you know how to extract the notes and highlights to my PC or whereever so I can then copy-paste them to evernote ?

I tried copy-pasting directly from the custum column within Calibre and it was really messy and mixed with "code elements".

Thank you very much
lainrgz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 03:55 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by lainrgz View Post
Hello Everyone

Since the book I have don't show up in read.amazon; I installed the annotation plugin and fetched my highlights. However, I want to copy them in a clean way to Evernote, because that's where I store all my infos. Do you know how to extract the notes and highlights to my PC or whereever so I can then copy-paste them to evernote ?

I tried copy-pasting directly from the custum column within Calibre and it was really messy and mixed with "code elements".

Thank you very much
Right click in Book Details (side panel or free standing), Copy all will copy the content in plain text to clipboard which you can paste elsewhere, viz:

Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	228.0 KB
ID:	168255 ===>>> Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	172.0 KB
ID:	168256

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 04:27 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Or, there's an Evernote API you could use in a calibre plugin to create/update an EN note directly ==>> Documentation - Evernote Developers

At a glance it looks fairly doable.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 06:02 PM   #4
lainrgz
lainrgz began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thank you very much
lainrgz is offline   Reply With Quote