Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 11-27-2018, 08:11 AM   #1
SuiVu1fa
SuiVu1fa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Does ebook-viewer (of calibre) render fonts msbm correctly and how?

I compiled a tex code by tex4ebook, and it seems to me that the symbol ⊈ is not rendered correctly by ebook-viewer in calibre. I write a test code and use htlatex to compile it into html (see the code below), and load it with ebook-viewer. It seems to me that the piece of code

Code:
<span class="msbm-10">&#x2288; </span>
is not rendered correctly, seemingly a font configure problem. I changed the font from DejaVu Serif to something else, the problem remains.

However, firefox and FBReader render it properly. I wonder how to fix it. Thanks for suggestions.

Code:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01 Transitional//EN"  
  "http://www.w3.org/TR/html4/loose.dtd">  
<html > 
<head><title></title> 
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=iso-8859-1"> 
<meta name="generator" content="TeX4ht (http://www.tug.org/tex4ht/)"> 
<meta name="originator" content="TeX4ht (http://www.tug.org/tex4ht/)"> 
<!-- html --> 
<meta name="src" content="test2.tex"> 
<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="test2.css"> 
</head><body 
>
<!--l. 7--><p class="noindent" >Given two sets <span 
class="cmmi-10">A,B </span>such that <span 
class="cmmi-10">A </span>is not a subset of <span 
class="cmmi-10">B</span>, i.e., <span 
class="cmmi-10">A </span><span 
class="cmsy-10">&#x2044;&#x2286; </span><span 
class="cmmi-10">B</span>, or <span 
class="cmmi-10">A </span><span 
class="msbm-10">&#x2288; </span><span 
class="cmmi-10">B</span>.
<!--l. 9--><p class="indent" >   Note that <span 
class="cmmi-10">x </span><span 
class="cmsy-10">&#x2044;&#x2243; </span><span 
class="cmmi-10">y</span>.
</body></html>
SuiVu1fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 09:44 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
renders fine for me, what OS and version of calibre?
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 11:33 AM   #3
SuiVu1fa
SuiVu1fa began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Debian Linux (Stretch)
Calibre 2.75.1.
Edit: I updated to 3.31, the issue remains.

The EPUB file and screenshots are attached. wrong.png is the effect of rendering of calibre, and correct.png is the effect of rendering of FBReader. It is not easy to spot, but it will lead to a syntactically opposite meaning.

I would like to see whether it is due to a mistake of configuration, or a previous bug which has been fixed in the latest version.
Attached Images

Attached Files
File Type: epub test2.epub (3.7 KB, 121 views)

Last edited by SuiVu1fa; 11-27-2018 at 11:48 AM.
SuiVu1fa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 09:50 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
this is what it looks like on my linux system:

make sure you are running th eofficial calibre binaries and not the debian package.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20181128_201920.png
Views:	173
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	168045  
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2018, 06:03 PM   #5
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuiVu1fa View Post
Debian Linux (Stretch)
Calibre 2.75.1.
Edit: I updated to 3.31, the issue remains.

The EPUB file and screenshots are attached. wrong.png is the effect of rendering of calibre, and correct.png is the effect of rendering of FBReader. It is not easy to spot, but it will lead to a syntactically opposite meaning.

I would like to see whether it is due to a mistake of configuration, or a previous bug which has been fixed in the latest version.
The ⊈ ( &#x2288; ) glyph looks pretty much the same under Windows 10, Mac OSX Mojave and OpenSuse Tumbleweed on my system.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote