Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-16-2016, 10:08 PM   #1
Julius Caesar
Addict
Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Julius Caesar ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Looking for 3rd party cover for Kindle Oasis

The original charging cover that comes with Kindle Oasis is only good for protecting the screen from dust and scratch but not from falling or bumping. Therefore, I am looking for a 3rd party cover for Kindle Oasis. The cover must fits both the Oasis and the original charging cover that comes with it. It must give enough protection from fall and from being shifted around while in a bag or something. Can anyone recommend me one?
Julius Caesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2016, 02:31 AM   #2
stumped
Wizard
stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.stumped ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: kobo forma, Kobo Libra, Huawei media Tab, fire HD10, PW3 HDX8.9,
for travel / in a bag: I'd put the oasis, still in its its cover, inside of thick jiffy bag, or a rigid sandwich box with a clip on lid .
optionally: add extra bubblewrap
stumped is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-17-2016, 07:10 AM   #3
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Julius Caesar View Post
The original charging cover that comes with Kindle Oasis is only good for protecting the screen from dust and scratch but not from falling or bumping. Therefore, I am looking for a 3rd party cover for Kindle Oasis. The cover must fits both the Oasis and the original charging cover that comes with it. It must give enough protection from fall and from being shifted around while in a bag or something. Can anyone recommend me one?
I use this when I take my reader out of the house. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

All of my 6" readers fit in it just fine while in their cases.

Shari
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	41HBt6k9waL.jpg
Views:	271
Size:	20.4 KB
ID:	149449  
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2016, 11:57 AM   #4
DaveFalcon73
Connoisseur
DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.DaveFalcon73 seizes *every* day. In the original latin.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kindle Voyage, Kindle PaperWhite
I have always found these Amazon Zip sleeves great for keeping my Kindle eReaders in.

More lately they are 7" versions I think designed for the Kindle Fire tablet but they are very cushiony, great for carrying the Kindle around with and that black leather strip you can put your hand under between the case and still carry stuff. Great for chucking in a bag and protecting your Kindle.

Amazon sell them in various colours.

Last edited by DaveFalcon73; 09-05-2016 at 01:28 PM.
DaveFalcon73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 10:52 AM   #5
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moderator Notice

Please take a few moments to read our Posting Guidelines, in particular the part about the maximum image size allowed (600x600 pixels). Images that violate those guidelines will be deleted.

It is every member's responsibility to read our Posting Guidelines and follow them.

Thanks.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-03-2016, 01:57 PM   #6
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony e-reader 505, Kindle PW2, Kindle PW3, Kobo Libra2
Is the Book Armor still made? I have one which my old Sony 505 sits in. They're great for protecting ereaders from hard knocks. I'll quickly do a search and modify this reply depending on what I do/don't find.
Yes they're still made, here's the link to the main website:
http://www.ecaddycase.com/index.html

If the Oasis is the same size as the PaperWhite you'll need the Shield version. But I have a feeling the Oasis is smaller so buy the smallest case they sell and pad it. They really are excellent.

Failing that, I have one of these which I use as a secondary case over a very slim August make of cover on my Paperwhite. You can buy a red one on ebay if you don't like the colour:
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Belkin-Univ...+pleated+cover
This has a very useful pocket which I keep the usb cable in.

Last edited by BookCat; 09-03-2016 at 02:15 PM.
BookCat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 10:32 AM   #7
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Oasis 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BookCat View Post
If the Oasis is the same size as the PaperWhite you'll need the Shield version. But I have a feeling the Oasis is smaller so buy the smallest case they sell and pad it. They really are excellent.
The Oasis is both larger and smaller: it's not as tall (there is no wide bottom bezel) but is much wider (there is a wide side bezel instead).

It will almost certainly not fit in a case meant for the PW. (Unless you fold it in half I suppose, but it might not be happy with you if you did that!)
NullNix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 01:34 PM   #8
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
I got one of the Bear Motion thick felt sleeve cases for an earlier kindle. They now list one for the Oasis. I like it a lot!
https://www.amazon.com/Bear-Motion-K...lt+kindle+case
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2016, 09:52 PM   #9
shalym
Wizard
shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shalym ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PW 1, 2, 3, Voyage, Oasis 2 & 3, Fires, Aura HD, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgoodDeb View Post
I got one of the Bear Motion thick felt sleeve cases for an earlier kindle. They now list one for the Oasis. I like it a lot!
https://www.amazon.com/Bear-Motion-K...lt+kindle+case
I love the idea of those, I just wish they made them with something other than wool.

Shari
shalym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2016, 10:04 AM   #10
BookCat
C L J
BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookCat ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NullNix View Post
The Oasis is both larger and smaller: it's not as tall (there is no wide bottom bezel) but is much wider (there is a wide side bezel instead).

It will almost certainly not fit in a case meant for the PW. (Unless you fold it in half I suppose, but it might not be happy with you if you did that!)
If you check the ecaddy site there might be a protective case which would fit the Oasis.
Old 09-11-2016, 11:33 AM   #11
NullNix
Guru
NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NullNix ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
If you check the ecaddy site there might be a protective case which would fit the Oasis.
Honestly I think I'm looking for a cover for the Oasis's cover. I don't want to not use the cover because of the whole also-a-charger thing, but it's so damn delicate: when it's pouring with rain or when otherwise heavily loaded you can't put it in a bag, let alone a pocket, lest it get gouged (again). Bugger the 'premium' nonsense, I want a nice indestructible plasticish Oasis cover like the PW1 had, only also a battery cover, and lighter, like the existing cover. Just something actually robust, not a millimetre thickness of leather.

Amazon don't seem to realise that some customers bought the Oasis despite the 'premium' label, not because of it...
Old 09-11-2016, 04:33 PM   #12
BookCat
C L J

The Book Armor cases do exactly that. They're zipped, robust and roomy cases in which you can keep a reader with its own more snug, more light weight cover. My 505 lives in mine at the moment. The 505 also has the original Sony cover on it which, at the time I bought it, wasn't strong enough to protect against cats standing on it (my current cats don't do this) so required strong protection. When in the Book Armor you could almost roll a truck over it and the reader would be undamaged (I don't recommend trying this). They were very popular on MR a few years ago, but modern ereader cases tend to be quite robust anyway (my Paperwhite now has a new Finitie cover which looks like a book and is truly solid) https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

It now protects the old 505 from being damaged if I accidentally put a book on top of it.
I'm in no way connected to them.
If you don't like the Book Armor I'm sure you'll find something suitable.

Have you considered making a case yourself? Maybe from some thick cardboard or wood (padded) or even a plastic food container of the right shape? There are some excellent youtube vids about making your own cases, I'm sure you can find one concerning a rugged case.
Old 09-11-2016, 05:12 PM   #13
NullNix
Guru

Quote:
Have you considered making a case yourself? Maybe from some thick cardboard or wood (padded) or even a plastic food container of the right shape? There are some excellent youtube vids about making your own cases, I'm sure you can find one concerning a rugged case.
Cardboard seems easiest, more or less an actual origami case!

The biggest problem with getting a robust case from somewhere else is that it would more or less have to be made specially for the Oasis: the thing is such a strange shape that nothing made for anything else would fit unless it had some sort of radical adjustment mechanism.