Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Reading and Management

Notices

Old 10-31-2018, 07:39 AM   #1
EndStop
EndStop began at the beginning.

Device: None
Process ebooks in Calibre then output to original sub-folders.

My library uses a subfolder (with heavily commented titles) per author.

I have worked out how to get my mixed format ebooks shrunk and converted to Epub using Calibre and then returned to their original sub-folders.

It is a bit complicated and uses a batch command that could go horribly wrong if not handled with care.

So my question is, have I done something that is new and others would want to know about? A "Returning Ebooks to subfolders for idiots" article would take a fair amount of work.
EndStop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:18 PM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
It sounds like you are doing the 'shrinking' and 'converting' in the calibre library manager.

Most things can be done directly via commands, see ==>> calibre User Manual: The Command Line Interface.

I suggest this thread ought be moved to the Calibre->Related Tools forum

<<<==== - tap the '!' button to make a request

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 04:02 AM   #3
EndStop
EndStop began at the beginning.

Device: None
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
It sounds like you are doing the 'shrinking' and 'converting' in the calibre library manager.

Most things can be done directly via commands, see ==>> calibre User Manual: The Command Line Interface.

BR
My thanks. I did use the Calibre library manager. It worked well and reduced my library size by about 25%. Would have been a lot more but most of the books had already had their covers compressed.

The Command line interace does look a more elegant solution and I hope somebody has published the necessary instructions. Offhand I don't think most of us would find it easy without. I certainly ain't motivated given I already have something workable.
EndStop is offline   Reply With Quote