Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 08-01-2017, 08:16 PM   #16
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Forma, Clara HD, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MicheleBS View Post

Maybe you can judge it industrious, but such a habit (not so difficult, actually) is a wonderful method for me to operate a selection only of the most interesting articles and to pay them the proper attention when I read, due to the care I had to take to convert them, to summarily control the formatting of the paragraphs, and, indeed, to cutomize their metadata to better be aware of their origin, their authors and their URL also when in Kobo, later, extrapolated from its original source.

Anyway, if also a copy in the Calibre library is requested for a complete management of metadata, correct sending to Kobo without errors and so on, no problem: I will match the articles both in Calibre and Kobo.
What I do with that type of material is to have them in my Calibre library and on my Kobo. When I'm finished reading a set of articles, I use Calibre to delete from library and device (right click in library view, remove books, remove selected books, library and device). You can attach metadata to a stub (Add Books, add empty book) that is matched to an item on your Kobo but I find it's simpler for me to have the real item in both places.

Last edited by DNSB; 08-01-2017 at 08:17 PM. Reason: fat fingers cause typos
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2017, 01:33 AM   #17
MicheleBS
Enthusiast
MicheleBS began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
You can attach metadata to a stub (Add Books, add empty book) that is matched to an item on your Kobo
Interesting; I was just wondering how to add and manage with Calibre such a "virtual" book. But, you're right, at this point is maybe better to directly match a real book both in Calibre and Kobo.
MicheleBS is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
calibre, kobo aura one, metadata, my books