Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-05-2011, 01:37 PM   #1
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy S, Nook w/CM7
ASUS Chariman interviewed on Amazon, Tablets, and the future of tablets

I think ASUS is one of the most under rated PC venders only at no. 5 they make the best hardware for the money--that's my take on the company. So when I saw this this article I thought I read it. It's very light but very insightful and down to earth interview.

Jump to the end of the interview to read what he said about Jobs.

Quote:
Here’s Jonney! ASUS’ Chairman on Ultrabooks, the Amazon Threat, and What’s Next for Tablets

Transformer to cover different kinds of scenarios. Next the Transformer 2 will come in, and it will be very thin and powerful.

L: Are you worried about Amazon as a competitor with its new tablet?

JS: I believe that Amazon has the advantage because of the content. ...

... I’m not going to try to sell content, because content is just that. I think we have to measure what we can do the best. We put more emphasis on improving the user experience...

(more...)

Last edited by =X=; 10-06-2011 at 12:15 PM. Reason: Updated title since the original title changed.
=X= is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 02:17 PM   #2
Graham
Wizard
Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Graham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo H20, Pixel 2, Samsung Chromebook Plus
Regarding one of his comments about Steve Jobs:

Quote:
I think I’m quite different from Steve Jobs. ... Because I’m a Buddhist, I am very calm.
Isn't Steve Jobs also a Buddhist?

Graham
Graham is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 05:20 PM   #3
=X=
Wizard
=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.=X= ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I don't know, I know little of Steve Jobs, mainly just followed his career path and choices. He has had some brilliant moves, mainly in his younger years.

I wonder if he was trying to insult him twice or he was not aware he was a Buddhist.

=X=
Old 10-05-2011, 09:25 PM   #4
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
i'm an asus fangirl *hugs netbook* it's durable and a workhorse
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 09:34 PM   #5
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by Graham View Post
Regarding one of his comments about Steve Jobs:

Isn't Steve Jobs also a Buddhist?

Graham
He is; and maybe that was the point.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-05-2011, 09:53 PM   #6
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Steve Jobs is deceased. He died today. RIP
I have never been a fan boy of Apple but, his visions made technology progress faster than it could have.
I love Asus Hardware. My Computer uses a Asus Rampage III MOBO.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2011, 11:11 PM   #7
avariel
Connoisseur
avariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura aboutavariel has a spectacular aura about

Device: PRS-505
Transformer 2 will be thin, powerful, and overpriced.
avariel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:19 AM   #8
CleverClothe
Guru
CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CleverClothe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iRex iLiad, Onyx Boox 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by =X= View Post
Jump to the end of the interview to read what he said about Jobs.
I think they removed that part of the interview.
CleverClothe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2011, 12:14 PM   #9
=X=
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by CleverClothe View Post
I think they removed that part of the interview.
They did, they even modified the title.

I'll update my post, can a mod please update the title to remove the Steve Job reference.

Thank you,
=X=