Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > iSilo/X

Notices

Old 02-04-2006, 08:12 AM   #1
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
iSilo V4.31 beta 1 released

Darren released the first beta of iSilo V4.31. The beta seems to be a minor update which corrects some problems of previous versions. iSiloX V4.31b1 now supports handling HTTP responses with multiple Content-Type headers.

The beta of iSilo can be downloaded from here and of iSiloX from here. You don't know iSilo? Check out this thread for more information.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:36 AM   #2
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

iSilo fixes? Hope springs eternal...

Just tried the new beta a bit...

I really like iSilo and iSiloX, but the beta still doesn't fix several irritating problems!

It still doesn't have the ability to alphabetize the document listing (at least on the Mac side of things; don't know about the Windows version). It's a real drag copying and pasting entries manually to get things in order. It'd also be nice if double-clicking on the link/URL of a source would show it instead of having to control-click to get a one-item Edit menu and then having to select that to finally get to the listing! I'm often checking on my sources--going to the actual web site to see why something isn't quite working right and this is a nuisance.

Here are some other "nit-picks". The Mac version doesn't follow Mac user interface guidelines. One can't select a group of channels in the desktop window using click and drag. Shift-click should select a group, but doesn't, instead selecting individual files. Having to click each one, one at a time, is a real drag.

The iSiloX desktop needs a "Find" command. When using the Mobile Read wonderful but massive list of usable links, one would like to be able to search for a particular site or phrase. Right now, that's impossible!

There also should be an option to batch change the image settings... it seems you can change other settings for multiple documents, but not images! I'd also like to be able to batch delete a set of file destinations, but that's not possible either.

These are long-standing problems, but my complaints are on the margin as iSilo still does its basic job well.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:43 AM   #3
Laurens
Jah Blessed
Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.Laurens is no ebook tyro.

Device: iPod Touch
I think there's a a dedicated iSilo forum at their site. Your pleas are unlikely to get heard here.
Old 02-07-2006, 07:57 AM   #4
doctorow
Guru
doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doctorow ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laurens
I think there's a a dedicated iSilo forum at their site. Your pleas are unlikely to get heard here.
True there is. Alas, most questions and comments remain unanswered there.
Old 02-07-2006, 11:21 AM   #5
robinson
Zealot
robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robinson ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thanks, I just posted over there. I was hoping, perhaps, that someone here had discovered a work around or some setting I had missed!

I also figured several items were relevant here, e.g., using Mobile Read's helpful long list of sites.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:56 PM   #6
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
The final version of 4.31 is out:

http://www.isilo.com/download/index.htm