Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 10-26-2010, 05:59 AM   #1
candide
candide began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Deleting books from a database

Is there any way to remove items from the Calibre database? When I installed it I accidentally included a folder full of CBR comics that I really don't want to be in Calibre. I've since done quite a bit of organising and tagging of my real books since then, so don't just want to ditch the whole database and start from scratch.
candide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:09 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by candide View Post
Is there any way to remove items from the Calibre database? When I installed it I accidentally included a folder full of CBR comics that I really don't want to be in Calibre. I've since done quite a bit of organising and tagging of my real books since then, so don't just want to ditch the whole database and start from scratch.
Just use the down arrow net to the library icon to copy the library to a new EMPTY folder,.
Once you are happy, use the arrow again to select your old location and delet all the books.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:10 AM   #3
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
Sure. Mark the books you want to delete and either press the delete button on your keyboard or the delete books button in the main toolbar. Be aware, though, that you cannot undo this short of reimporting the books.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 06:36 AM   #4
candide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manichean View Post
Sure. Mark the books you want to delete and either press the delete button on your keyboard or the delete books button in the main toolbar. Be aware, though, that you cannot undo this short of reimporting the books.
This warns me that it'll also delete the file from the computer though - or am I misreading it?
Old 10-26-2010, 06:39 AM   #5
Manichean
Wizard
Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.Manichean is the 'tall, dark, handsome stranger' all the fortune-tellers are referring to.

Device: Cybook Gen3
No. The file Calibre wants to delete is the copy it made inside the library. The original file you imported will be left untouched, except for anything you've done to it yourself, of course.
Manichean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 09:25 AM   #6
bigpallooka
Connoisseur
bigpallooka began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo/Tablet PC/Desktop/Laptop
Quote:
Originally Posted by candide View Post
This warns me that it'll also delete the file from the computer though - or am I misreading it?
Calibre doesn't organise your library of books, it duplicates them into a new directory. If you have deleted your original book once you imported (copied) it into calibre then you should export the book first before deleting it from calibre.
bigpallooka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:04 PM   #7
candide

I understand now - thanks folks, you've been very helpful.