Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Archive > Sunrise

Notices

Old 08-22-2008, 05:16 PM   #1
disciple218
disciple218 began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten T|5
Problem with "Comment" in URL

Hello. I'm trying to convert my favorite blog to Plucker format with Sunrise XP. My problem is that it's not parsing any of the comment links. The links start with "http://www.blogger.com/Comment?", and when I click on the link on my handheld, it shows the URL as "ment?xxx". I think it's having a problem with the word "Comment" in the link, thinking it's supposed to start after the "Com". I've tried setting a filter to include "http://www.blogger.com/Comment*", but it isn't working. Can anyone help me? If you want to try it yourself, the blog is:

http://raycomfortfood.blogspot.com/

Thanks!

Sean
Old 08-23-2008, 05:34 AM   #2
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
Whatever that is, it isn't HTML

Plucker (and as a result, SunriseXP) can parse HTML, and what you have on that blog, is not HTML... so when the author fixes his content, Plucker will then be able to handle it.

Validate it and see for yourself.
Advert
Old 09-03-2008, 12:32 PM   #3
disciple218
disciple218 began at the beginning.

Device: Palm Tungsten T|5
Comment in URL

But it does this for EVERY blog from "Blogspot" that I've tried parsing. Everything else is parsed perfectly, except the links with "Comment" in the URL. There's something wrong with Sunrise XP, and I'd like to know if anyone can figure out how I can get it to parse these links. Thanks!

Sean
Old 09-03-2008, 12:39 PM   #4
hacker
Technology Mercenary
hacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with othershacker plays well with others

Device: Direct Neural Implant
Quote:
Originally Posted by disciple218 View Post
But it does this for EVERY blog from "Blogspot" that I've tried parsing. Everything else is parsed perfectly, except the links with "Comment" in the URL.
Then EVERY blog from Blogspot is being served with incorrect HTML. I'm not surprised, as less than 5% of people know how to write proper, correct, valid and semantically-correct HTML anyway.
Quote:
There's something wrong with Sunrise XP, and I'd like to know if anyone can figure out how I can get it to parse these links. Thanks!
Sunrise is fine (in this context), Blogspot is the source of the problem.

You might want to run a few of their pages through an HTML validator and email their Support or Help Desk staff with the output, and ask that they fix it.

I provided a link in my reply that showed the problem:

http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos...logspot.com%2F

You might try showing them more of the same.