Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Marvin

Notices

Old 11-24-2013, 05:18 AM   #1
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin Reader on iPad Air (via Calibre)
Problem connecting to Calibre after migration

Since updating from original iPad version to the new Universal version Marvin is no longer detected by Calibre when connected via USB. This used to work. I have updated Calibre and plugins to the latest versions, but it just isn't happy.

Any tricks I could get to restore this to life?

Thanks
ChristopherTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 06:29 AM   #2
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
1) Ensure that you have only one instance of Marvin installed on your iPad. In other words, remove the original version after updating to the universal version and migrating your Library.
2) Ensure that you have started the calibre connector in Marvin.

G

Last edited by GRiker; 11-24-2013 at 06:57 AM.
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-24-2013, 10:33 AM   #3
Richard Moody
Connoisseur
Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.Richard Moody is faster than slow light.

Device: Ipad Air and Ipad Mini with retina (using Marvin)
Ah!
I wondered. I tried this after Christopher's comments above, and had no luck.

But, like Faterson, I currently have 3 versions of Marvin on my Ipad as I often have 2+ books running and it is good to be able to open a version and go straight to the right page.
Richard Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 02:50 AM   #4
ChristopherTD
Addict
ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ChristopherTD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah! Of course. I left the old Marvin there just in case. I have now removed it and will check what happens next time I am attached to my Mac. Thanks for the tip.
Old 11-28-2013, 06:22 PM   #5
kguil
Addict
kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kguil ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Marvin for iOS
@ChristopherTD - Sorry for the late reply. Did it work for you?
kguil is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-29-2013, 09:56 AM   #6
ChristopherTD
Addict

Yes - it did work. Apologies for late confirmation! )
Old 12-11-2013, 03:46 AM   #7
Clark G. Flipper
Connoisseur
Clark G. Flipper began at the beginning.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristopherTD View Post
Yes - it did work. Apologies for late confirmation! )
It didn't work for me. I can make calibre work with the new marvin version, but not with the old one (even if the new version is deinstalled).
Since I have to transfer my books (the backup/restore method crashes) I have to start with the old version of marvin.
Any idea?
Clark G. Flipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 05:07 AM   #8
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The iOSRA driver will only work with one installed version of Marvin. The scanning order is:
1) Marvin universal
2) Marvin universal free
3) Marvin for iPad

You can use iFunbox to connect to your iDevice and copy the contents of your Documents folder and Library/mainDb.sqlite from your old installation, then add those to the new installation. Make sure that you have force-quit Marvin before doing this. I believe that Kris has a blog tutorial about using iFunbox somewhere.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2013, 09:45 AM   #9
Clark G. Flipper
Connoisseur
Clark G. Flipper began at the beginning.

Thanks, GRiker. The iFunBox method worked!
Clark G. Flipper is offline   Reply With Quote