Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-28-2017, 05:15 PM   #1
Br.louis
Br.louis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Br.louis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Br.louis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Br.louis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Br.louis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Br.louis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Br.louis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Br.louis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Br.louis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Br.louis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Br.louis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Get Books search

Hello,

When using "Get Books" to search for books at different stores and I enter a title, I would expect that the only hits that would show up in the search would be books with THAT title. Instead I get an entire assortment of titles in the results.
Is there any way to make Calibre search for only the title of the book that is entered?
Thank you for your time.
Br.louis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 11:33 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
The default search is a contains search, so books with any of the words in the title will be returned. Click the advanced search button to the left to create more sophisticated searches.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-29-2017, 10:42 AM   #3
Br.louis
Br.louis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Br.louis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Br.louis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Br.louis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Br.louis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Br.louis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Br.louis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Br.louis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Br.louis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Br.louis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Br.louis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Thank you for your reply.

I tried going to "advanced". I tried placing the title of the book in both the "All these words" section and the "This exact phrase" section and it still came back with many many books which did not have all of the words, much less them being in the exact order of the title I was looking for.

Must be a problem with Calibre.
Old 06-29-2017, 11:31 AM   #4
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No, you should use the "Title/authors" tab in the advanbced search dialog and put in your title in the title field there.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 02:57 PM   #5
Br.louis

Thanks! That does it.

With there being Title and Author fields on the first page it did not occur to me that I should look for others.

Also, just FYI, if someone tells me the title of a good book, they do not always know the author's name. I would think that using the "This exact phrase" field would bring back only hits which contain that exact phrase.
Using the book "Prayer of the presence of God" as an example, there were 194 hits. Only 8 of them had the exact phrase, "Prayer of the presence of God."
Just thought I'd let you know.

Calibre is a fantastic program. Thank you for making it available.
God bless,
Brother Louis
Advert