Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 06-28-2017, 12:20 PM   #1
HappyChris
Enthusiast
HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nexus 10 (2 of them), Nexus 5, iPhone, iPad, Kindle, iMac
Rooted. Wrecked. Rebirth?

After successfully rooting my underused ST w. Glowlight, I found that it was not really what I wanted so I attempted a factory reset, only to find that I had not... made a backup. This seemed OK to me as I had the ebook files elsewhere and assumed that the Nook firmware would not get wiped. The factory reset seems to require a separate image of the OS to be available on the sd card. Is this so?

Currently, the factory reset is stopping part way through the Wi-Fi setup ('connected to the Internet'), 'Registering your device' to 'Error. We're having trouble setting up your NOOK... please try again'. I press 'Device info' and then 'Reset' and the attempt starts again.

ADB doesn't register the device.
  • It looks like the whole firmware needs to be replaced. Would I do this by using a SD card with Nook Manager (or something better?) and an update on it?
  • I gather that the 1.3.1 Glowlight update at B&N is not rootable. Is this so? Is there another version that I can find that will be so?
  • Is there a pre-built 'package' that I can use to either just reset my nook to normal or root it again but with Nook app still on it?

Help urgently needed!
HappyChris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2017, 05:56 PM   #2
Telemachus
Connoisseur
Telemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverTelemachus exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: none
The rooting process is non-destructive. The problem is you cannot register a nook in the UK anymore B&N have ceased support here, but you can skip the registration process.
See this link...
http://raviudeshi.com/11/11/nook-tou...p-registration
Hope this helps
Telemachus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-15-2017, 03:42 AM   #3
HappyChris
Enthusiast
HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.HappyChris knows the square root of minus one.

Device: Nexus 10 (2 of them), Nexus 5, iPhone, iPad, Kindle, iMac
Many thanks, Telemachus, that link did the job! ... Now for more queries...
HappyChris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
root nook st