Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-26-2017, 05:48 PM   #16
BetterRed
null operator
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turtle91 View Post
It looks like you are sorting by author (First Last) and then when you change the author name it puts it in proper alphabetic order with a "Z" at the end. If you are saying that you want the "Z" name to stay right where you are looking in the list then you would need to turn off the sort function...but I'm not sure you can. Best case would be to sort on something other than the author name...then changing the author's name won't change the sort order.

If that makes sense...
I have no expectations of how it works. Because the Tag browser can only be used with the mouse I make very little use of it. If I want to change anything I do it in the book list.

In an effort to help reconcile the differences between what the OP and Kovid say they are seeing, I added some pictorial evidence of what I see when I change an Author name in the Tag Browser.

And to point out that if one peruses the Manage <whatever> list looking for apparent anomalies, as someone suggested, there is no easy way to see which books are categorised by a given value. Using a server task to browse the same library is hardly 'easy', especially if it's not already running.

When I was setting up my library, I identified anomalies by perusing <category> CSVs that I obtained from the database, I corrected them in the book list via F2 cell editing.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 10:41 PM   #17
Trevor68
Trevor68 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo H20
Well I can take more screenshots again I guess, but they will look EXACTLY like the first two so sorry to inform but this is NOT fixed.
I have checked around 10,000 books using 2.0 without any issues, since using 3.0 the list ALWAYS jumps to top.

If there is no intention to fix it then is there a way to revert to 2.0? As I still have another 20,000 books to check yet, and 3.0 (now 3.1) is making it impossible.
Trevor68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM   #18
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
@BR: That is exactly how calibre 2.x also behaves. To be precise what remains centered is the item at the same position as the renamed item, not the renamed item itself. This was what was changed in 3.0 and changed back in 3.1.

@Trevor: You want to downgrade, feel free to do so, all old calibre releases are linked to on the download page. Although I dont see how it will help you, since 2.x and 3.1 behave in exactly the same way, when renaming items in the Tag browser.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 11:05 PM   #19
Trevor68

Ok, here are the screenshots of it still happening
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	WrongBook.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	354.6 KB
ID:	157583   Click image for larger version

Name:	NowFixed.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	518.7 KB
ID:	157584   Click image for larger version

Name:	JumpToTop.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	345.8 KB
ID:	157585  
Old Yesterday, 11:06 PM   #20
Trevor68

Ok, this behaviour NEVER happened until I upgraded to 3.0, so how can you say it's the same???
Old Yesterday, 11:07 PM   #21
Trevor68

Sorry re-reading your post more carefully, it would appear that mine has NOT been reverted to 2.0 behaviour by updating to 3.1 :-(
Old Yesterday, 11:25 PM   #22
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Ah you are using edit metadata to change the author name, instead just right click on the author and rename it right there. Then you will see the same behavior as in 2.x
Old Yesterday, 11:36 PM   #23
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

And this change will restore the 2.x behavior for using the edit metadata dialog as well: https://github.com/kovidgoyal/calibr...0e30e6aad8e81e
Old Today, 12:42 AM   #24
Trevor68

Awesome work as always, thank you for your understanding :-)

I'm using metadata sources to correctly identify all terms, not just authors as the library is quite a mess.

patch this friday?

Tags
search