Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil > Plugins

Notices

Old 06-17-2017, 03:54 AM   #136
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
Can the validation results be saved, or sent to a printer?
Unfortunately, you can't print the contents of the Validation Results window. You might want to use pagina EPUB-Checker instead, which allows you to save the epubcheck log.
BTW, if you click an error message in the Validation Results window, Sigil will move the cursor to the line that epubcheck has reported.
Doitsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 08:49 AM   #137
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
With changes it should be possible for Sigil validation plugin types to build and generate a log if this is an important feature. Although line and error info without viewing the file itself simultaneously is harder to use in my opinion.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 10:06 AM   #138
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer
Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Doitsu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
With changes it should be possible for Sigil validation plugin types to build and generate a log if this is an important feature.
Thanks for your kind offer, but, IMHO, it'd better if you used your limited time to make Sigil even more epub3-compliant. For example, there's still a minor problem with the epub3 cover metadata context menu item that I reported some time ago.
(I could easily add clipboard support for Windows machines via tkinter.)

@Cyberseeker: It'd be relatively easy to automatically have the plugin copy the original epubcheck report to the system clipboard.
I could also have it write it to the Desktop. However, I'd be an optional feature, which would need to be enabled via the plugin preference file.
Let me know which one you'd prefer and I'll add it in future version.
Old 06-17-2017, 12:58 PM   #139
Cyberseeker
Connoisseur
Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Cyberseeker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu
@Cyberseeker: It'd be relatively easy to automatically have the plugin copy the original epubcheck report to the system clipboard.
I could also have it write it to the Desktop. However, I'd be an optional feature, which would need to be enabled via the plugin preference file.
Clipboard would be fine, and I would drop it into 'Word' and have a look at it on paper. As it is now, is fine for anyone familiar with html, but a lot of authors would need to go through it with a ballpoint pen, or take it to a friend and say, "whats this mean?"

Speaking of epubcheck report "questions", I have a few. Would you prefer that I opened a separate thread, or should I ask them here?

Last edited by Cyberseeker; 06-17-2017 at 01:05 PM.
Cyberseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:20 PM   #140
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberseeker View Post
Speaking of epubcheck report "questions", I have a few. Would you prefer that I opened a separate thread, or should I ask them here?
They would be best in the ePub forum.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 02:36 PM   #141
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
I will have to dig back through my pm from you. I did not think it was an actual bug that needed fixing but I am willing to take another look at it.

Kevin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doitsu View Post
Thanks for your kind offer, but, IMHO, it'd better if you used your limited time to make Sigil even more epub3-compliant. For example, there's still a minor problem with the epub3 cover metadata context menu item that I reported some time ago.
(I could easily add clipboard support for Windows machines via tkinter.)

KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2017, 07:06 PM   #142
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
If it's 'automatic' it will overwrite what's currently in the clipboard, which could irritate users.

When task switching... between editing a document in Sigil, a text chat session, and watching a video... I often copy a fragment from the document (transcript of the video) into the clipboard in readiness for my next chat message.

Perhaps the Validation Results window could permit use of Ctrl/A, Ctrl/C. Or put a Copy to clipboard button in the Window Title bar (Qt permitting of course). Or at least put an option in preferences to NOT autocopy validation results.

FWIW - I've sometimes wished for a way to copy what the Language Tool PI puts in the Validation Window.

BR

Last edited by BetterRed; 06-17-2017 at 08:31 PM.
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2017, 12:37 AM   #143
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
If it's 'automatic' it will overwrite what's currently in the clipboard, which could irritate users.
That was my thought too. That's why I'd make it an opt-in feature via the EpubCheck.json plugin preference file.
BTW, you can already copy and paste a single message from the Validation Results windows using CTRL+C/V.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
FWIW - I've sometimes wished for a way to copy what the Language Tool PI puts in the Validation Window.
That plugin could also easily be modified to save the log file to the desktop, if enough users are interested in it.
Old 06-18-2017, 01:10 AM   #144
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
That was my thought too. That's why I'd make it an opt-in feature via the EpubCheck.json plugin preference file.
I read it as, if one did not opt-in for Save to Desktop, then it the errors would autocopy to clipboard
Quote:
BTW, you can already copy and paste a single message from the Validation Results windows using CTRL+C/V.
You can do a Ctrl+A and highlight the entire list, but a Ctrl+C will only grab the last line. If CtrL+C could grab the entire selection we'd have a universal solution for the Validation Window.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2017, 06:27 AM   #145
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

I attached a new version with clipboard support to the first post.

To enable this feature:
  1. Presss WIN+R.
  2. Copy and paste %LOCALAPPDATA%\sigil-ebook\sigil\plugins_prefs\EpubCheck and hit Return. (If you have a macOS or Linux machine, you'll need to select Edit > Preferences > Open Preferences Location.)
  3. Open EpubCheck.json with a text editor and change the following line
    Code:
      "clipboard_copy": false,
    to:
    Code:
      "clipboard_copy": true,
  4. Save EpubCheck.json.

Note that this feature might not work with some macOS and Linux versions.
Old 09-12-2017, 12:09 AM   #146
llis
cleaner
llis began at the beginning.

Device: epub
Just an FYI for ppl trying to get this running on a Mac (maybe elsewhere): I got a Java error message telling me I needed to install a JDK to run commandline. A quick google took me to the link. I installed the latest and the plugin works swimmingly! Thanks!
llis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 10:59 AM   #147
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
The report of the plugin shows the message as can be seen on the screenshot. I'd like to know
1. what is wrong there, and
2. Can I change the content without interferring to the TOC, and ending up in a mess?

I have another request that is more a Regex problem:
In another book, the plugin shows problems that all concern the content of span-tags. They are, as far as I can see, the only spans in the whole book, but they are all defective. I would like to remove them all, including their content, but the content differs from case to case. Such as:
<span>some text</span>, and <span>some different text</span>. Which suitable regex could I use?
Any help much appreciated!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	15-09-17.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	848.1 KB
ID:	159051  
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2017, 12:35 PM   #148
Doitsu
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
The report of the plugin shows the message as can be seen on the screenshot.
This message is usually being displayed if NCX ids don't start with a letter.

For example:

Code:
<navPoint id="7a10b9f2" playOrder="1">
If that's the case with your book, simply search in toc.ncx for:

Code:
<navPoint id="
and replace it with:

Code:
<navPoint id="ID
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leonatus View Post
In another book, the plugin shows problems that all concern the content of span-tags. [...] I would like to remove them all, including their content, but the content differs from case to case.
I'm not very good at regular expressions, but the following expression should remove all span tags:

Code:
<span[^>]*>.*?</span>

Last edited by Doitsu; 09-15-2017 at 12:37 PM.
Old 09-16-2017, 08:03 AM   #149
Leonatus
Wizard
Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Leonatus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara 2E, Tolino Shine 3
Thank you, Doitsu! The Regex helped, whereas, at opening the book once more and running epubcheck, the navpoint id issue didn't appear any more. Indeed, the tags began with letters, anyhow.
I will backup your hints, nevertheless. Thanks once more!
Leonatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2018, 04:57 AM   #150
Maui
Connoisseur
Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Maui ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Galaxy Tab S2
Hi,

in the past i was able to solve any problems without posting any questions in the forum but to now i'm struggling a little bit.

I just bought a new mac book and was able to install sigil without any problems. i copied the sigil.ini, sigil clips und saver searches succesfully to the mac.

Right now i'm trying to get epubcheck running, so i installed the jre-8u151-macosx-x64.dmg. The installation went through without any error (succes message after installation), but the plugin is failing. The reason is clear: in the terminal a java -version command said no java installed and a popup is asking if i want to install java. Reinstalling does not change anything.

I know this is not really related to a sigil problem but currently io'm a little bit lost to find out where the problem is. Any help is appreciated.

Maui
Maui is offline   Reply With Quote