Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 01-27-2008, 05:46 PM   #1
avar
avar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
PRS-505 Just arrived, and a question

well, after waiting almost 2 month i got it on my hand ;-)
my question is is there anyway to make this device read non-latin characeters (like arabic) in text format ( w/our converting it to pdf or other formats ) ..
thx
avar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2008, 09:30 PM   #2
NatCh
Gizmologist
NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NatCh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Touch HD3
Welcome to MobileRead, avar! And congrats on the new Reader.

The present answer is "no" -- there was a way to replace the fonts on the 500 model (which is how to do what you're after), however the efforts to figure out how to do this on the 505 are currently stalled, pending the first 505 firmware update. After that happens, it should be possible to change the fonts on the 505.
NatCh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-28-2008, 10:00 AM   #3
HarryT
eBook Enthusiast
HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HarryT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2, iPad Pro 10.5", iPhone 6
You may or may not be able to replace the fonts, but you'd still be faced with the problem that--to the best of my knowledge--LRF files do not support "right-to-left" languages such as Arabic.

PDF files are the only way to display these, AFAIK.
HarryT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2008, 09:17 PM   #4
avar
avar began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
thank you guys. i'll stick with word doc (arabic) --> pdf ---> lrf method .
avar is offline   Reply With Quote