Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-03-2011, 04:37 AM   #1
cHex
Zealot
cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cHex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard (K3)
Time Magazine for print subscribers

I'm a subscriber to Time Magazine--the print edition. According to this page, Time makes a "tablet edition" available to subscribers such as me, but that requires an Apple or Android app.

Meanwhile, at Amazon.com I can subscribe to a Kindle version of Time Magazine for $2.99 per week--well above the $30 for 112 print issues under which I'm currently subscribed.

Of course, with my wifi- and 3G-enabled KK, I'm able to view the mobile edition of Time Magazine using the experimental browser; but that requires having wireless Internet access or being in a country or city where 3G wireless browsing is permitted. IOW, no offline reading available.

I suppose I could use Calibre to fetch news from Time Magazine's website. This would not be my first choice, as in my experience news fetched this way frequently skips articles.

What I want is to be able to read an official electronic version of Time Magazine on my Kindle even when wireless is turned off (I realize it would have to be on to download the magazine in the first place), without having to pay again for another subscription (especially as the Kindle edition is ten times the price of my print copy delivered to my home).

So, before I go contacting Time and/or Amazon customer support and seeing if something like this is possible, let me put this out there to any of you that may have blazed this trail before me. Am I going to be able to get some official version of Time Magazine downloaded to my Kindle without having to pay a premium?

Thanks in advance...
cHex is offline   Reply With Quote