Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 04-07-2024, 09:37 PM   #1
oston
Enthusiast
oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad, Kindle Scribe, Kobo Libra 2
Bug: splitting pages after using Access Aide

I think this appears to be a bug in the file renaming process after splitting pages.

If I split pages, after running Access Aide, there are two references in the Guide section of the opf file that were not updated with the renamed file.
They are the links for the TOC reference and Beginning reference.

These are the only two items that do not get updated when html files are renamed after splitting.

Jim
oston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2024, 11:10 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
AccessAide use is probably unrelated. I will investigate why the guide section of the opf was not updated by the splitting.

One question, is this by chance an epub3? If so did you use the epub3 tool to generate a NCX and update the guide? If not, please do that. Any existing guide section, and NCX are NOT updated by splitting as under epub3 these are replaced by the NAV and not used.

To force them to sync with the NAV you must use that tool to rebuild the guide and NCX.

On epub2, this would be a bug as both the guide and ncx should be updated.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 12:04 AM   #3
oston
Enthusiast
oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.oston ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Many thanks, Kevin.
Yes this is Epub3, and I never thought to generate the NCX and update the guide.
When I did that the guide was update and problem solved.

Thanks again
Jim
Old 04-08-2024, 07:51 AM   #4
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Yes, I typically use Sigil's epub3 tools to remove both the guide and the ncx as epub3's do *NOT* use them.

If, after all editing is done, I decide I want an epub3 that is backwards compatible with an old epub2 only e-reader, then I use the Sigil's epub3 tools to create them as they will then be properly synced with the final Nav.

Luckily the days of older epub2 only e-readers are fast coming to a close.

FWIW, I also run the Sigil epub3 tool to check and update all the OPF manifest properties once just before the final save especially if I add remote resources, javascript, or mathml.

Those are all tools that need to be run by the user only once just before running a final epubcheck and final save.
KevinH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2024, 07:59 AM   #5
oston
Enthusiast

Many thanks, Kevin.
I don't have any data about the e-readers used by readers of these books, so for now I will just run those checks and updates as you suggest.
Jim

Tags
access aide, split file