Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 12-09-2019, 11:35 PM   #1
OldFudd
OldFudd began at the beginning.

Device: kobo forma
new member, old person

hi !

learned programming with ibm punch cards, retired, more than a few years ago, from an IT position that i worked after leaving the field.

over the years, have piddled with linux and windows (from its first incarnation to the present unGodly monstrosity - windows 10). have kept my brain alive by gutting windows 10 to make it more tolerable.

new to ebooks and reader hardware - wife is having health issues, and reading is a great comfort to her. she expressed interest in an ereader, but does not want to be bothered with accounts, down loading, etc.

have been lurking here and elsewhere to get up to speed on things such as calibre, adobe ade, alf/dedrm, ebook formats, etc so as to manage obtaining and loading books onto an ereader for her via my pc.

i chose a kobo forma for her because of some of the features. need some help getting up and running with that device, so i am now heading to the kobo forum
OldFudd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2019, 04:57 AM   #2
Figlilly
Zealot
Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Figlilly ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 2&3, Paperwhites, Kindle Touch, Kobo Clara, IPad Air2
Welcome.
Figlilly is offline   Reply With Quote