Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-09-2021, 02:02 AM   #1
daizyduke
Enthusiast
daizyduke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Older kindle

I have an older kindle. I think it’s 5th gen. It no longer connects to WiFi so I being the genius that I am plugged it into my computer to download a book. Well it deleted everything. Now I have an empty kindle that won’t connect to the internet. I tried to download an update on the Amazon page and my computer cannot open a bin file. Is it a lost cause? Thanks.

I have a newer kindle that I hate. Is there one similar to the old ones or way to fix mine

Last edited by daizyduke; 04-09-2021 at 02:05 AM.
daizyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2021, 06:26 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
You don't open the bin file on your computer. You drag and drop it to your Kindle.

You can use the download and transfer with USB option to get books to the Kindle. No wifi needed. That is, if the Kindle is registered to your account. If not, you're out of luck.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-09-2021, 06:07 PM   #3
daizyduke
Enthusiast
daizyduke began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I don’t understand why when I plugged it into the computer everything disappeared from it. It is completely empty. How do I get the books back on there?
daizyduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2021, 11:04 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Frankly I have no idea how you managed to empty your Kindle.

To get the books back, go to the Content and Devices page on Amazon. Select a book, choose "Download and transfer via USB" from the drop-down menu and your Kindle as a target. This downloads the book file to your computer. Don't try to open it. Connect the Kindle to the computer, drag and drop the file to the documents folder on your Kindle.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote