Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Boyue

Notices

Old 10-19-2021, 04:04 AM   #61
menpe
Enthusiast
menpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: Boyue Likebook P78, Onyx Boox i86HDML+
Quote:
Originally Posted by Obscured View Post
I got a P78 yesterday and so far am pleased with it. It doesn't seem to like MOBI (perhaps I need a different reader?) but it's simple to convert to epub.
I have a couple of questions.
I'd like to sync my (desktop PC) Calibre with the P78, preferably putting the books onto an installed micro SD card. What do I need to do for this, as distinct from copying?
Put the card into the device and Calibre can target the installed memory card instead of the internal storage. Just tried it, works without a hitch, even the P78's default file manager picked the book up and categorized into the correct extension group.
menpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2021, 05:51 AM   #62
Obscured
Enthusiast
Obscured began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis; Likebook P78; Onyx Boox Note Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by menpe View Post
Put the card into the device and Calibre can target the installed memory card instead of the internal storage. Just tried it, works without a hitch, even the P78's default file manager picked the book up and categorized into the correct extension group.
Brilliant - thanks.
Obscured is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-19-2021, 09:46 PM   #63
endemion06463
Enthusiast
endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook P78
I have something weird happen all of a sudden using the stock reader (Boyue OS) it now often removes the space between the end and beginning of a new sentence.

Anyone else having this problem (currently looking at attached file) or has any tips on how to get things back to normal?

What I've already tried but didn't work.
- Restore default settings.
- Cleared cache and data for the app.
- Tried a bunch of different fonts, may somehow be related as at one point there was too much space between things like "You' ve".
- Rebooted the device.
- Turned off and on again.
- Checked for updates (no updates).
- Even did a factory reset.

Last edited by endemion06463; 10-20-2021 at 09:29 AM.
endemion06463 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 01:52 AM   #64
tuanvt04a1
tuanvt04a1 began at the beginning.

Device: likebook p10
Exclamation how to buys likebook p10 screen ?

my likebook p10 is cracking , and i want to assasembly the new screen. but I don't know where to buy it. help me please !
tuanvt04a1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 04:26 AM   #65
menpe
Enthusiast
menpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcovermenpe exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Quote:
Originally Posted by endemion06463 View Post
I have something weird happen all of a sudden using the stock reader (Boyue OS) it now often removes the space between the end and beginning of a new sentence.

Anyone else having this problem (currently looking at attached file) or has any tips on how to get things back to normal?

What I've already tried but didn't work.
- Restore default settings.
- Cleared cache and data for the app.
- Tried a bunch of different fonts, may somehow be related as at one point there was too much space between like things like "You' ve".
- Rebooted the device.
- Turned off and on again.
- Checked for updates (no updates).
- Even did a factory reset.
Kinda weird. All other .epubs I have are working fine and Calibre opens this particular piece with spaces present. Converted it to .pdf, and the spaces are there, even the font size is changeable. If it looks wonky, change the font spacing too with the size.
I know, this is just a workaround but I strongly suspect that the original file has some setting which is not supported correctly with the built-in reader. My 6 years old Onyx reader displays your original .epub without a problem.
Advert
Old 10-20-2021, 08:41 AM   #66
endemion06463
Enthusiast
endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.endemion06463 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Originally I didn't realize it was due to something different about this particular epub as I already "struggled" trough another one with this issue. But yeah it's not happening in all the epubs. Just a few of the latest.

Anyway looking at the html code, well it's full of cr*p or that's what it looks like to me comparing this one to others.

I'll have a look at that pdf now. See what happens if I convert it back to epub. Not that I would want to have to go trough all that all the time going forward. I guess I should inform boyue about this issue (but I doubt they're gonna do something about it). Hope that email adres on the device is (still) valid.

edit:
Converting it back to epub did work for this issue but it did mess up other things. Well some miner things but still less than ideal.

Last edited by endemion06463; 10-20-2021 at 08:58 AM.
Old 10-20-2021, 12:44 PM   #67
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
I convert to mobi then back to epub to clear crap out.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 01:26 PM   #68
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox 6/14, Like-/Meebook 2/8, Tolino 1/10, Kobo 0/5, Kindle 0/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
I convert to mobi then back to epub to clear crap out.
I convert epub to epub.
ottischwenk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2021, 01:30 PM   #69
endemion06463
Enthusiast

Yeah that would probably be a better conversion route I was already thinking the same thing (to mobi to epub). Too bad the calibre editor doesn't have conversion functionality though. Going trough the main program has it's issues like how it doesn't actually work with the original files but makes copies left and right (so forget about keeping original file names intact). I mean I'm already using the editor for image compression as it usually reduces the file size more than 90% (light novels, drawings really don't need to be at max quality). If this trend continues and boyue doesn't do anything it's gonna be a lot more work to keep things nice and tidy. Another reader app could help but sadly the only one properly suited for e-ink displays would be KO Reader but weirdly the screen tap area's are set in stone (I really want the bottom half to function as the next page area) and there are other issues.

I tried epub to epub, no succes.

Last edited by endemion06463; 10-21-2021 at 05:48 PM.
Old 10-21-2021, 03:58 AM   #70
menpe
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottischwenk View Post
I convert epub to epub.
I tried that too first and the converted file in Calibre seemed fine, just like the original. Even the size shrunk but the problem persisted.
I think it might be a niche whitespace error which is not supported by the default reader because the same book was displayed correctly using a different brand e-reader.
Old 10-21-2021, 01:57 PM   #71
ottischwenk
Wizard
ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ottischwenk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I read epub with the AlReader. I only use the Boyue reading application for fixed formats.
Old 10-21-2021, 09:42 PM   #72
endemion06463
Enthusiast

Alreader has it's issues too. First of all it uses a side slide menu which is not suitable for e-ink. If you use the e-ink mode certain menu elements are as good as unusable like the page slider. The white theme or what it's called remedies that but isn't available in e-ink mode. Not using the e-ink mode every page flip look annoyingly ugly + it probably refreshes the screen more than necessary which means more power consumption.

If I could somehow run OReader on this device I would do so immediately now that was a good one.
Old 10-22-2021, 09:29 AM   #73
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
Alreader has it's issues too. First of all it uses a side slide menu which is not suitable for e-ink. If you use the e-ink mode certain menu elements are as good as unusable like the page slider. The white theme or what it's called remedies that but isn't available in e-ink mode. Not using the e-ink mode every page flip look annoyingly ugly + it probably refreshes the screen more than necessary which means more power consumption.
This is a configuration thing - I have no problems
Quote:
If I could somehow run OReader on this device I would do so immediately now that was a good one.
The OReader is the Onyx version of the AlReader, which can be configured in the same way.
Old 10-22-2021, 01:33 PM   #74
endemion06463
Enthusiast

How do you disable the side slide menu or with other words make is open without sliding?
How do you use the white theme and e-ink mode at the same time?

Yes I know that Oreader is related to Alreader but it's jut not as good as Oreader.
Old 10-22-2021, 02:47 PM   #75
ottischwenk
Wizard

Quote:
How do you disable the side slide menu or with other words make is open without sliding?
My settings.
Install - a short touch in the middle opens Settings.