Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 10-16-2021, 05:37 PM   #211
Pajamaman
Wizard
Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pajamaman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Nova
Also I suspect the onyx 7.8 might be capacitive so won't be as clear.
Pajamaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2021, 05:47 PM   #212
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pajamaman View Post
I belive onyx is introducing a new capacitive type screen with less layers, so hopefully capacitive screens will catch up infrared clarity.
You mean like the new screens from eInk with the integrated touch layer? That’s olds not news.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 11:43 AM   #213
Almamida
Fanatic
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O - Kindle PW4/ Voyage / Oasis 3 - iPad Pro M1 12.9
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNSB View Post
\That’s olds not news.
Haha, I bugged at your sentence a bit, didn't know olds was a thing. Like it

I've been using my Voyage last week while my Libra has been sent back for replacement, and I have to admit that I like the smaller form factor.
I'm curious to see if the new Paperwhite will allow the same flexibility for me and I would love for it to get really close to the Voyage contrast level and clarity.
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 04:01 PM   #214
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Clara HD, Nexus 7 HD, iPad Pro, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Almamida View Post
Haha, I bugged at your sentence a bit, didn't know olds was a thing. Like it
I lifted it from Terry Pratchett. For instance, in The Truth it is used several times.

Quote:
As they stepped out into the silent street he wondered if Lord Vetinari had been right about the press. There was something…compelling about it. It was like a dog that stared at you until you fed it. A slightly dangerous dog. Dog bites man, he thought. But that’s not news. That’s olds.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 05:39 PM   #215
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by mezzanine View Post
Id been dismissive of Amazon not using the new Carta 1200 screen in the PW5 because I anticipated the difference wouldnt be easily perceivable, but after seeing pictures of the screen of the Libra 2 compared to the original Libra, Im annoyed the new Paperwhite doesnt have it.
Do you have a link? (Libra vs Libra 2). Thanks
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 07:59 PM   #216
Almamida
Fanatic
Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Almamida ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O - Kindle PW4/ Voyage / Oasis 3 - iPad Pro M1 12.9
The pictures are of the Tolino Vision 6 ( sharing most specs with Libra 2) beside the Tolino Vision 5 (Libra H2O)
I’ll post a side by side of the 2 Libra this week when I receive them
Almamida is offline   Reply With Quote