Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 10-13-2021, 08:52 PM   #241
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW3, PW4, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tempest@de View Post
Revive this thread because I came across a situation in 2 books recently read and would like to hear opinions about this

Do people in real life that are in the middle of taking a shower stop mid shower to go answer the door because someone rings the bell?

How about leaving the shower to answer the phone?

For me finishing the shower is more important than rushing trailing water and suds to go to the door, or the phone, whoever that is can wait or came back later.
No, I wouldn't be able to hear the shower. I can't even hear the door from my bedroom because i have window AC

However, I will say that I get interrupted A LOT by my parents who live across the street when I am in the bath and have to get out of it a lot due to this. It's annoying.
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2021, 05:46 AM   #242
tempest@de
Evangelist
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
Judging by your answers this is indeed a «Thing that are common in fiction but not in your real life».
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote