Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-05-2021, 04:04 PM   #1816
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
Wow. It came and went. No on sale any longer.

The Night Boat by Robert McCammon is $1.99 at Amazon US.

McCammon's books go on sale fairly often, but I haven't seen The Night Boat go on sale. it was the first McCammon book I read.

Quote:
A scuba diver unearths a sunken U-boat that holds a terrible secret Robert Moore had a cushy life in Baltimore. The son of a bank president, he could have had the old man’s job if he’d just waited in line. But Moore isn’t the patient type, and rather than spend his life trapped behind a desk, he decamped for the Caribbean, to pass his days diving beneath the perfect blue sea. One day, diving deeper than usual, he spies a sunken ship. His investigations disrupt an unexploded depth charge, which hurls Robert to the surface with the sunken ship not far behind. The U-boat, still seaworthy after all these decades, drifts towards the island and gets caught on the reef. A strange knocking echoes from inside the hull, as though something within is still alive. When Robert opens the long-closed hatch, he’ll learn that some sunken treasure is better left undisturbed.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 10-05-2021 at 04:10 PM.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 07:15 AM   #1817
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
^

I have this title as an ebook, and used to have the first British hardback too. It's a potboiler, but a very enjoyable read.

The retail ebook price is outrageous, but it is worth noting that it's 'free' on Kindle Unlimited.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-06-2021 at 01:54 PM.
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 10:13 AM   #1818
radbaddude
Addict
radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Wow. It came and went. No on sale any longer.

The Night Boat by Robert McCammon is $1.99 at Amazon US.

McCammon's books go on sale fairly often, but I haven't seen The Night Boat go on sale. it was the first McCammon book I read.
Hmm it seems I have overlooked this title. Now I wait for the next sale.
radbaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2021, 04:39 PM   #1819
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by radbaddude View Post
Hmm it seems I have overlooked this title. Now I wait for the next sale.
I missed it too. I posted it, it was $1.99. Went back to Amazon and changed the www to smile and the price was back up
Old 10-08-2021, 09:12 AM   #1820
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
First, thank you for the heads up on these bargains. The paragraph below is for informational purposes only.

INFORMATION ONLY: These may or may not be a wonderful bargain. Check them out if you find a particular author or subject matter intriguing, but know that every free requested ebook requires your email to each specific author. One could literally be inundated with promotional follow-up emails over an indefinite period of time or until one cancels. This may or may not be a wonderful thing depending upon your temperament.

DISCLOSURE: This is my personal experience with bookfunnel.
Most of them do have a sign-up. I just unsubscribe on the first email. Nobody has time to read a gazillion author newsletters and I get some good free books from these.

If I like the writing style, I'll look up what else the author writes.

Also not all of them require a sign-up.
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 09:14 AM   #1821
ReadingManiac
Genre Jumper
ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ReadingManiac ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle paperwhite
Don't know if anyone else noticed, but both Rosemary's Baby and the Exorcist are on Deal of the Day at Amazon!
ReadingManiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 09:48 AM   #1822
Critteranne
Guru
Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Critteranne ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReadingManiac View Post
Don't know if anyone else noticed, but both Rosemary's Baby and the Exorcist are on Deal of the Day at Amazon!
Is that in the UK? In the U.S., I see " A Head Full of Ghosts: A Novel" Paul Tremblay for $1.99. Very much worth reading.
Critteranne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2021, 01:08 PM   #1823
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Dark Moon Rising by James M. Thompson is $0.99 at Amazon US.

Quote:
Dr. James Wilcox is one of the nation’s foremost pediatric neurologists. Yet his expertise is useless in the face of his own brain tumor. Removing it will cause James to lose his senses of smell and taste and suffer from mood disorders for the rest of his life.

Then a miracle arrives in the form of Dr. Albert Stern, lauded for his achievements in sensory augmentation in primates. Dr. Stern is more than willing to apply his radical procedures in an attempt to cure James' condition. The surgery is a success. In fact, it has the unprecedented result of heightening the rest of the patient’s senses to superhuman levels.

But there are side effects that no one could have predicted. Something slipped into Stern's chromosome matrix. Something with a homicidal disposition and an appetite for fresh-killed meat. Something that hunts by night...
This is a reprint of an old Pinnacle paperback. Both the original and current cover are kind of... meh. A missed chance. You can have fun with a werewolf cover. Look at Undertaker's Moon and High Moor.

The author also has a series of vampire novels. I've not read him, but I do like a good werewolf story.

Last edited by ZodWallop; 10-09-2021 at 01:13 PM.
Old 10-09-2021, 01:28 PM   #1824
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Speaking of Undertaker's Moon, have the prices dropped on Macabre Ink's Resurrected Horrors or is it just my bad memory?

All the books are $2.99. I picked up Undertaker's Moon, The Kill Riff, Rest in Peace, deadrush and Dreamthorp. (I already had Steve George's Nightscape and would recommend it.)
Old 10-09-2021, 05:47 PM   #1825
Section8
Addict
Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Section8 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW4, Moon+ Reader on a cheap Android tablet
Night Shade books is selling a bundle of the Best Horror stories of the Year anthologies here: https://bundleofholding.com/presents/BestHorror
Quote:
Adventurer! This Night Shade Best Horror Bundle presents editor Ellen Datlow's long-running Best Horror of the Year anthology series from Night Shade Books. For more than three decades Ellen Datlow, winner of multiple Hugo, Bram Stoker, and World Fantasy awards, has kept her finger on the racing pulse of the horror genre, introducing readers to writers whose tales can unnerve, frighten, and terrify. This all-new offer brings you 13 Best Horror anthologies with stories from Stephen King, Neil Gaiman, Tanith Lee, Joe R. Lansdale, Catherynne M. Valente, Kim Newman, and dozens more top authors -- five thousand pages of bone-chilling reading for an unbeatable bargain price.
Section8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 07:50 AM   #1826
radbaddude
Addict
radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.radbaddude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Rattus New Yorkus by Hunter Shea
Amazon US FREE

Quote:
HEY’RE BIGGER
Deep in the sewers of New York City, the rat population is growing. Dr. Randolph Finch is determined to break the cycle. His new rodenticide, Degenesis, doesn’t kill rats. It sterilizes them from reproducing. But nothing adapts faster than a New York rat . . .

THEY’RE SMARTER
City exterminators and soon-to-be divorced Chris and Benita Jackson think they know how these rats think. They know how rats breed. And they fear that Degenesis has only made these rats stronger. More aggressive. More intelligent. And more ravenous than ever . . .

TONIGHT’S DINNER SPECIAL: US
After a noticeable surge in rat den activity, the Jacksons witness something strange. Without warning, the rats disappear—only to reassemble in a massive lair beneath Grand Central Station. Millions upon millions of them. Working together. Operating as a hive mind. Feasting on the flesh of the homeless below—and planning their all-out attack on the unsuspecting humans above . . .
radbaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2021, 07:54 AM   #1827
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZodWallop View Post
Speaking of Undertaker's Moon, have the prices dropped on Macabre Ink's Resurrected Horrors or is it just my bad memory?

All the books are $2.99. I picked up Undertaker's Moon, The Kill Riff, Rest in Peace, deadrush and Dreamthorp. (I already had Steve George's Nightscape and would recommend it.)

I can't remember if they've dropped or not, but the prices are very good in my opinion. I have slightly more than 1/3 of those titles, so I'll need to look over them and see what's what.

Thanks!

ADDED: The Stephen R. George was free - not too long ago.

Last edited by Dr. Drib; 10-13-2021 at 09:43 AM.
Old 10-13-2021, 09:42 AM   #1828
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer

I have 9 titles from the Resurrected Horrors series.

Did you notice they skipped numbers 5 and 15 ?
Old 10-13-2021, 09:44 AM   #1829
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

The Shadows by Alex North is $2.99 at Amazon US.

This one is tough. It is sold as a horror novel and not a horror novel, but a thriller with supernatural elements (which sounds like horror to me). Point it, this sounds like a non-traditional horror novel, but with accolades from all over.

I think the cover is terrific.

Quote:
You knew a teenager like Charlie Crabtree. A dark imagination, a sinister smile--always on the outside of the group. Some part of you suspected he might be capable of doing something awful. Twenty-five years ago, Crabtree did just that, committing a murder so shocking that it’s attracted that strange kind of infamy that only exists on the darkest corners of the internet--and inspired more than one copycat.

Paul Adams remembers the case all too well: Crabtree--and his victim--were Paul’s friends. Paul has slowly put his life back together. But now his mother, old and suffering from dementia, has taken a turn for the worse. Though every inch of him resists, it is time to come home.

It's not long before things start to go wrong. Paul learns that Detective Amanda Beck is investigating another copycat that has struck in the nearby town of Featherbank. His mother is distressed, insistent that there's something in the house. And someone is following him. Which reminds him of the most unsettling thing about that awful day twenty-five years ago.

It wasn't just the murder.

It was the fact that afterward, Charlie Crabtree was never seen again...
The book uses a character from North's previous novel The Whisper Man, but I don't believe it's a sequel. More like when Stephen King sets a novel in Castle Rock.
Old 10-13-2021, 09:54 AM   #1830
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar

Mirror by Graham Masterton is $0.99 at Amazon US.

Like most of Masterton's stuff, this has been on sale before, quite often. But $0.99 is a good deal if you don't have the book already.

Quote:
It is said that a mirror can trap a person's soul...

Martin Williams is a broke, two-bit screenwriter living in Hollywood, but when he finds the very mirror that once hung in the house of a murdered 1930s child star, he happily spends all he has on it. He has long obsessed over the tragic story of Boofuls, a beautiful and successful actor who was slaughtered and dismembered by his grandmother.

However, he soon discovers that this dream buy is in fact a living nightmare; the mirror was not only in Boofuls house, but witness to the death of this blond-haired and angelic child, which in turn has created a horrific and devastating portal to a hellish parallel universe. So when Martin's landlord loses his grandson it is soon apparent that the mirror is responsible. But if a little boy has gone into the mirror, what on earth is going to come out?