Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 04-05-2023, 03:42 PM   #1
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
QWebEngineView

Hi

In one of my plugins, I'm using QWebEngineView as a way to show a HTML/CSS graph, using flexbox. It works just fine on calibre 6, but I had a hard time trying to make it work on older versions. If I remember correctly, calibre 4 and 5 have QWebEngineView, but you need to run it on a diferent process, and this leaded to crashes here (certainly something wrong I did).

First, I would like to know if there is another alternative to QWebEngineView that could work on calibre 4+, in a general way. It is important to have full HTML/CSS support, otherwise flexbox won't work.

Second, there is something bothering me with my current working code: the QDialog used to close when I pressed Esc; now, after adding the QWebEngineView widget, Esc doesn't work anymore... I have to click on the X.
I tried overriding closeEvent or keyPressEvent but nothing worked.

Any tips would be great!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2023-04-05.png
Views:	182
Size:	18.9 KB
ID:	200817  
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2023, 09:50 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
No there are no alternatives to QWebEngineView that support full html/css. As for your escape issue, hard to say. Likely the web engine view is consuming the event. You can try installing an event filter.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2023, 06:53 AM   #3
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
No there are no alternatives to QWebEngineView that support full html/css. As for your escape issue, hard to say. Likely the web engine view is consuming the event. You can try installing an event filter.
Thanks. I'll give it another try on calibre 4/5.
As for the ESC problem, I solved it by using setFocus() on another element.
Old 04-17-2023, 09:58 PM   #4
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Just curious: Is this something for Goodreads or some other website? The 'friends' makes me think so. (I'd love to see something like this but pulling from my custom columns.)
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2023, 10:31 PM   #5
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownedbycats View Post
Just curious: Is this something for Goodreads or some other website? The 'friends' makes me think so. (I'd love to see something like this but pulling from my custom columns.)
Sorry, but no. It's for Skoob Sync. Skoob is a Brazilian website similar to Goodreads.

P.S.: And out of curiosity too... you mean to create the graph based on your monthly reading statistics?
Advert
Old 04-18-2023, 01:39 AM   #6
ownedbycats
Custom User Title
ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ownedbycats ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra H2O, formerly Aura HD
Yeah, something like that. Oh well
ownedbycats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 08:58 PM   #7
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by thiago.eec View Post
Sorry, but no. It's for Skoob Sync. Skoob is a Brazilian website similar to Goodreads.

P.S.: And out of curiosity too... you mean to create the graph based on your monthly reading statistics?
A very interesting job!
If it worked with goodreads, I would make a donation

Last edited by dunhill; 04-24-2023 at 09:02 PM.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2023, 07:42 AM   #8
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunhill View Post
A very interesting job!
If it worked with goodreads, I would make a donation
I can't make it work inside Goodreads Sync, because that's not my plugin.
But I was thinking about creating a standalone plugin just to control your Reading Goal. It would use your custom columns, like @ownedbycats suggested.

It could use your data from Goodreads Sync (or you could just type it) to display the graph and other info (I don't think ranking is directly available by Goodreads Sync).
Old 04-25-2023, 08:32 PM   #9
dunhill
Guru
dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dunhill ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: moon+ reader, kindle paperwhite
Quote:
But I was thinking about creating a standalone plugin just to control your Reading Goal. It would use your custom columns, like @ownedbycats suggested.

It could use your data from Goodreads Sync (or you could just type it) to display the graph and other info (I don't think ranking is directly available by Goodreads Sync).
Sorry, I misunderstood. The use of personal columns would be good. For example, I have a reading start date or a reading end date

Last edited by dunhill; 04-25-2023 at 08:39 PM.
dunhill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2023, 10:47 AM   #10
thiago.eec
Guru

Quote:

Done: Reading Goal plugin