Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 09-23-2023, 03:16 PM   #1
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Device Driver API for MTP devices (e.g. Kindle Scribe)

I'm thinking about creating a tool that would manage Scribe Notebooks (back up, version, restore, convert, etc.). I'd like to leverage calibre device support to connect and download them.

Is this possible with the current API?

I have been looking at Annotations plugin source for clues but it is slow going.

As a plugin, it could perhaps use a dedicated library, where versions are stored with Series metaphor, and of course leverage the UI framework. And it might be more user friendly for calibre users with Scribes. Hence my question.

But in any case I will start with a standalone tool just to work out requirements and implementation details. I have been jotting down some ideas and conducting experiments but I think I am ready to start writing some code.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2023, 10:08 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Which API are you asking about? If you mean how to do file operations on MTP devices, see mtp/driver.py for the API and mtp/test.py as an example of using the API
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2023, 12:19 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
Which API are you asking about? If you mean how to do file operations on MTP devices, see mtp/driver.py for the API and mtp/test.py as an example of using the API
Thank you!
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote