Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old 06-04-2023, 04:57 PM   #1
Kelzan
Kelzan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Ipad Pro
How to determine custom column type?

I've been working on an an interface plugin that enables audiobook support through M3U files, which are simple playlists for the actual audiobook audiofiles which are stored outside of Calibre.

I've got it working pretty well for my needs, but decided to clean it up sufficiently to share with the community. Part of this effort is to add the ability to define which custom columns to use for importing the various audiofile metadata (sample rate, bitrate, # files, duration, etc.)

I want to be able to check that the user has configured the desired custom columns correctly. It's pretty straightforward to check and verify that a custom column exists or not, but what's the best way of making sure that the column is of the correct type (integer, floating point, text, etc.)? Looking through calibre code I've seen mention of field metadata, but I couldn't quite figure out the best way to access it.

What would be the best way to check custom column type?

Thanks in advance for any help!
Kelzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2023, 05:24 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Look at the Count Pages Plugin configuration for storing results, for ideas.
Each result to be configured, only presents custom columns of the correct type
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2023, 01:12 AM   #3
Kelzan
Kelzan began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, Ipad Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Look at the Count Pages Plugin configuration for storing results, for ideas.
Each result to be configured, only presents custom columns of the correct type
Awesome, thanks, that helps. I see what they did in their get_custom_columns() routine in config.py, I'll give that a try.
Kelzan is offline   Reply With Quote