Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK

Notices

Old 09-11-2010, 08:37 AM   #1
ivanfoofoo
ivanfoofoo began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wi-Fi
Nook Wi-Fi problem!

I am trying to connect to my home wireless network with my new Nook, but it seems that it can't find anyone. As far as I know, I should go to the Wi-fi option and select the Wi-Fi Hotspots option, but I don't have that one! The only option available under Wi-Fi in my Nook is "Airplane mode".

So what should I do in order to connect?
ivanfoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 11:09 AM   #2
wandalynn
Addict
wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wandalynn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: nook, Aluratek Libre
Have you turned Airplane mode off? I don't think you get the other options when it's on.
wandalynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:05 PM   #3
geertm
Guru
geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.geertm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One
Quote:
Originally Posted by ivanfoofoo View Post
I am trying to connect to my home wireless network with my new Nook, but it seems that it can't find anyone. As far as I know, I should go to the Wi-fi option and select the Wi-Fi Hotspots option, but I don't have that one! The only option available under Wi-Fi in my Nook is "Airplane mode".

So what should I do in order to connect?
This is a known problem of some Wifi Nooks. The firmware is not installed correctly. You need to do a recover to the original firmware.
Boot the Nook six times, every time pressing the on/off button for about 20 seconds. This will force a new install of the original firmware.
geertm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 01:07 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, ivanfoofoo.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2010, 06:22 PM   #5
ivanfoofoo
ivanfoofoo began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Wi-Fi
Thanks desertgrandma!

Geertm, I just tried that an nothing happened. I've opened a new thread at:

http://bookclubs.barnesandnoble.com/...lem/m-p/648920

Thanks for the replies to everyone!
ivanfoofoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 12:29 AM   #6
firefox
MR Gen Z Representative
firefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enoughfirefox will become famous soon enough

Device: Barnes & Noble NOOKclassic
I checked that thread and noticed that you were from another country.
You can call that phone number by using Skype, and it'll be free

They operate by EST times I believe, so you'll need to call between (I think) 8am and 9pm EST.
firefox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2010, 04:25 AM   #7
luvshihtzu
Groupie
luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'luvshihtzu can spell AND pronounce 'liseuse.'

Device: Kindle DX Graphite, Sony 950 and iPad
I also had a problem setting up my nook to hook up with our wireless WiFi at home. After an hour of messing with it my husband finally remembered that our WiFi was only set up for five devices. The nook would be the sixth. After a new setting to add the nook, everything is fine.
luvshihtzu is offline   Reply With Quote