Notices

Old 05-11-2018, 02:59 PM   #2731
madame_newbie
Connoisseur
madame_newbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014 | Kindle Paperwhite 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
@madame_newbie - I'm not seeing that issue.

Please give me some story URLs that display the problem. Use PM if they are to NSFW content.
Hi JimmXinu, it's this thread, A Spark of Ice and Fire (Story Only)

I even tried to use the non-story thread, to see if it can pull the story from there, but once it's done downloading, it only gave me a book with First Post only. I have attached the sample of the book that was created versus the actual thread story.

I tried testing it with other links like these and this one here and they download just fine.

So, um, I am not sure if it's an individual link case or I'm missing something??

Sorry to be of a bother. Thanks.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sample01.PNG
Views:	221
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	163933  
madame_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 03:41 PM   #2732
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite(10th)
Quote:
Originally Posted by madame_newbie View Post
Hi JimmXinu, it's this thread, A Spark of Ice and Fire (Story Only)
FanFicFare depends on the existence of either threadmarks or post links in the first post (or post link given) to tell it which posts are 'chapters'. That thread has neither.

I've made a deliberate decision not to include an 'all posts' feature for the forum-style sites supported. It's come up before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimmXinu View Post
I've looked at that a couple times and thrown my hands up each time. The forum paradigm (without threadmarks or an index post) is significantly different from the story & chapters paradigm FanFicFare uses. Should posts be chapters? Or pages?

And then there's the issue of over-use; because inevitably someone(s) would decide to use it to archive the entirety of all their favorite long discussion threads. If enough people start doing that, it's likely to use significant server resources, drawing attention from the admins and possibly prompting them to block the tool.
JimmXinu is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-11-2018, 04:40 PM   #2733
madame_newbie
Connoisseur
madame_newbie began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Basic 2014 | Kindle Paperwhite 3
Oooh, okay. Thanks for explaining!
madame_newbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2018, 01:53 PM   #2734
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer
JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JimmXinu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

New Test Version Posted

2018-05-14
- Fixes for adapter_lightnovelgatecom, thanks rikkitp!
Old 05-24-2018, 01:35 PM   #2735
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Test Version Posted

2018-05-24
- https for starslibrarynet, abstract protocol a bit for eFiction Base.
Advert
Old 05-29-2018, 01:46 PM   #2736
Waterspark
Brony Artist
Waterspark began at the beginning.

Device: Android Phone
Exclamation Book Download Failed

So some books on FimFiction require a yes from a prompt, most commonly used in adult orientated things, some are marked as adult, but story content isn't really, but the point is that if I try to redownload some, it crashes there, is there any way to fix or forward this? Thanks for the help!

~ Water

EDIT:
Nevermind, found the Wiki page on Github and it said what to do.

Last edited by Waterspark; 05-29-2018 at 02:13 PM.
Waterspark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2018, 02:10 PM   #2737
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

New Version Released

Version 2.26.0 - 30 May 2018
- base_xenforoforum_adapter: exclude threadmarks URL as chapter URL.
- adapter_webnovelcom - use_pagecache - mostly for debugging.
- Fix some metadata collection in adapter_webnovelcom.
- Change adapter_whoficcom to https.
- Add rating and sitetags to adapter_webnovelcom.
- Fix date for adapter_gluttonyfictioncom
- Remove defunct sites thealphagate.com and harrypotterfanfiction.com
- Adding website_encodings:ignore feature for adapter_wwwnovelallcom.
- fix chapter names in www.novelall.com - thanks Rikkitp
- remove unnecessary br around advert in www.novelall.com - thanks Rikkitp
- Consolidate URL chapter range code and apply to CLI for #302
- fixes dateUpdated ang datePublished for lightnovelgate (#303) - thanks Rikkitp
- https for starslibrarynet, abstract protocol a bit for eFiction Base.
- Clarify some tooltip text and add 'FFF Frozen URL' feature.
Old 06-02-2018, 09:15 PM   #2738
Tiggy626
Tiggy626 began at the beginning.

Device: none
Question No Characters in tags, just user column?

I would like for items in user-defined columns, such as Characters, not be in the tags. Is this possible?
Tiggy626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2018, 09:52 PM   #2739
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

Yes.

You can control what ends up in Calibre's Tags field in FFF Config personal.ini tab.

In the [defaults] section, put a include_subject_tags entry that only contains the metadata entries you want in Tags.

Code:
[defaults]
## This is the default value, copy it in and remove the parts you don't want
include_subject_tags: extratags, genre, category, characters, ships, status
As for put Characters in a custom column, the easiest way is to define the custom column first (Calibre will prompt you to restart), then go into FFF Config Custom Columns tab, locate the custom column you defined and use the drop down to select Characters.

Note that these changes only effect downloads from this point on. If you expect you will continue to add custom metadata configuration, I recommend creating a long text custom column for "FanFicFare Saved Metadata" and configure FFF to use it at bottom of the FFF Config Custom Columns tab.

Then when you download or update a story, the metadata will all be saved in that column and you can use the "Update Metadata from Saved Metadata Column" mode to update your columns without hitting the story servers again.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:15 PM   #2740
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle 4, Nook Gl4, Nook STR, REB 1100, Ebookwise 1500,
Has anyone had issues with fics downloaded from AO3 today where the tags overlap the book description in the main library view? Everything downloaded fine yesterday then I noticed the issue in one library this morning. I thought it was the library itself because it was brand new and it didn't occur at first in other libraries but new fics downloading into other libraries are doing the same thing now.

I made a post here before it started doing it in other libraries. Attached is a picture of what it's doing and I've tried updating to the latest version of FFF to no effect.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BadView.jpg
Views:	186
Size:	91.5 KB
ID:	164296  
BookJunkieLI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2018, 03:20 PM   #2741
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

@BookJunkieLI - I'm not seeing that issue. What is a story URL you see it with?
Old 06-04-2018, 03:25 PM   #2742
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist
BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BookJunkieLI ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/13231587
https://archiveofourown.org/works/14212635
https://archiveofourown.org/works/12909942
https://archiveofourown.org/works/14019561
https://archiveofourown.org/works/672460

Take your pick. That's 5 from roughly 100 fics I've tried to download over the course of the day, all with the same issue.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:37 PM   #2743
JimmXinu
Plugin Developer

I'm not seeing anything wrong with the download from those stories either. I also tried creating a new library first.
Old 06-04-2018, 03:52 PM   #2744
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist

Meh. Sigh. Thanks for checking, Jimm.
I have no idea why this is happening. I guess I'll have to wait to see what Kovid says about my db and I'm running an error check on my hard drive just in case.

Although... I'm wondering now. The two libraries I know for sure this is affecting both have Long Text fields. I don't know why it would have an affect but maybe it does? Darn it, now I have to wait for the error check to finish before I can check if that's the issue. Sigh.
Old 06-04-2018, 04:00 PM   #2745
BookJunkieLI
Evangelist

And it turns out it was the Long Text column I setup to handle the Saved Metadata Column information that was causing the problem. I had left it on the default option of HTML. I wonder if I switch it to plain text, if that will fix things? Hmm.

Update: Changing the Long Text field to Plain Text from HTML fixed the issue. I'm all good now.

Last edited by BookJunkieLI; 06-04-2018 at 04:05 PM.

Tags
fanfiction