Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 11-16-2010, 12:13 PM   #1
canezila
Edge User

Mortplayer and your fav audio player????

I have stumbled upon a cool audio player called MortPlayer.

http://www.sto-helit.de/index.php?mo...n=list&menu=12

I will have to find out where I found the apk because it is in the Android Market but you know how that goes....But it works very well.

Does anyone else have an audio player they like a lot? I would love to know where everyone stands on audio players.

Old 11-16-2010, 12:30 PM   #2
borisb
Edge User

Thanks for the info. I find the in-built Music Player excellent for my use.

Advert
Old 11-16-2010, 12:47 PM   #3
Dr. T
Edge User

Ditto, Boris.

Old 11-19-2010, 02:09 PM   #4
canezila
Edge User

The default audio player is fine except changing the screen stops the music. Sometimes I need to find the next group of tracks while one is playing.

Old 11-19-2010, 02:46 PM   #5
borisb
Edge User

How are you changing the screen? When I hit the Back button on the Bezel, I get back to track/album listing without the music stopping. I can even tap-and-hold on other albums and songs and "Add to playlist", etc...

Advert
Old 11-19-2010, 07:08 PM   #6
NiaTrue
Edge User

Quote:
Originally Posted by borisb View Post
How are you changing the screen? When I hit the Back button on the Bezel, I get back to track/album listing without the music stopping. I can even tap-and-hold on other albums and songs and "Add to playlist", etc...
Same here.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:26 PM   #7
canezila
Edge User

1. Stream a message from Google Voice. . or...
2. Listen to a file streaming from Dropbox cloud storage

Then click HOME button. Sound will stop in both cases.

Old 11-22-2010, 08:33 PM   #8
borisb
Edge User

Ah! And here I thought you were listening to music from the SD card...

It's probably not the default player that is stopping but rather the Google Voice & Dropbox app that stops the playback when you switch away from them.

Old 11-24-2010, 11:31 PM   #9
borisb
Edge User

I was going through the "APKs" sticky thread and found this jewel: http://www.museek.ethz.ch/index.php/download. The museek player finds album art, has an interesting UI, has advanced play & playlist control, and includes a widget that displays album art. You'll want to go through the Help to get a tour of the UI and features. Looks like I may be ditching the built-in player for museek :P

Old 11-26-2010, 08:00 PM   #10
veronica0406
Edge User

Great app, thank you!

Old 11-26-2010, 08:12 PM   #11
canezila
Edge User

I think I was too quick to jump ship with the default music player. My initial complaint seems to not occur in what I would consider important, got to work, time. It freaked me out when it first happened and I abruptly jumped ship....

I found an app called Groveshark, it is an online music library tha also let's you store music for offline play. I believe it is a paying app with limited free use. Seems pretty cool.