Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 11-26-2022, 11:12 PM   #1
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybook Opus
How Do You Factory Reset A Nova Air?

Mine has been completely borked ever since I installed the 3.1.1 update, and I can't even get into the software settings. I want to do a factory reset, but all the instructions are for other models and reference a "back button" that the Nova Air doesn't have. Any idea how to do a hard reset?
Rand Brittain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2022, 01:45 PM   #2
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker
Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rand Brittain ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Got it going with some help from Reddit, for the record, the key seems to be that it will only boot to recovery if you have the cover attached.
Advert
Old 11-28-2022, 07:59 AM   #3
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3
Doesn't "adb reboot recovery" work for you?

It's easy enough to just reinstall the latest (full) update.
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2022, 04:38 PM   #4
Rand Brittain
Bookmaker

It would only have worked if adb was turned on in settings before I installed the update that broke it, which it wasn't.
Old 11-30-2022, 07:45 PM   #5
Renate
Wizard
Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Renate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook NST, Glow2, 3, 4, '21, Kobo Aura2, Poke3
Mmm, I've got a custom recovery for the NovaAir.
You want to work this stuff out?

First step for you: Get fastboot working.
Look up minimal fastboot.
Try:
Code:
C:\>adb reboot fastboot
C:\>fastboot devices
C:\>fastboot erase fishheads
No, you don't have a partition named "fishheads", you simply have to know if "Barkis is willin'".
Renate is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2022, 07:39 AM   #6
markuk
markuk began at the beginning.

Device: Nova Air 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rand Brittain View Post
Mine has been completely borked ever since I installed the 3.1.1 update, and I can't even get into the software settings. I want to do a factory reset, but all the instructions are for other models and reference a "back button" that the Nova Air doesn't have. Any idea how to do a hard reset?
I have the Nova Air 2, so not sure if its the same for you

Tap Settings, Tap the Window that has the build number, etc

Then tap Factory Reset

I have had to do this since a firmware update
markuk is offline   Reply With Quote