Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-27-2022, 09:53 AM   #16
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CathyA View Post
In my Amazon (U.S.) account, they've now reconnected the Kindle Points and Rewards pages that they previously used during the summer reading progam. Still in beta though. See attached screenshots. Here's the page from which they were taken: https://www.amazon.com/Rivers-London.../dp/B01ABNB8EW

I also have a different thing called "Great on Kindle" where I can get a $2 credit in addition to the points. That's shown on this page: https://www.amazon.com/World-Travel-.../dp/B083SN8RF7
I still don't see points but I do see the $2.00 credit on the particular book you referenced
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2022, 10:06 AM   #17
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I was seeing points on book listings a few days ago, but they are no longer showing for me today. Hopefully they will roll this out soon.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-28-2022, 11:01 PM   #18
C.S.
Enthusiast
C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.C.S. can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4
Points are back for me. Apparently it's a beta program.

You can see how many points you have here:

https://smile.amazon.com/kindlerewards/

Edit: CathyA's post is much more informative.

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...2&postcount=15

However, I'm not seeing the $2 Great on Kindle credit on the Bourdain book she mentioned. Possibly a timed or targeted promotion.

Last edited by C.S.; 10-28-2022 at 11:03 PM.
C.S. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2022, 07:31 PM   #19
Paperbackstash
Wizard
Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Paperbackstash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 3, PW 3, 4, 5, Fire HD 2012, Fire HD 8 (8th Gen)
When I click on C.S.'s first link, it says I have 10 points, but I still don't have any points showing on any of the pages. Who knows!
Paperbackstash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 07:42 PM   #20
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage; Kobo Libra H2O
I went to buy Christianna Brands Green for Danger just now and saw that I could get 18 points. Careful reading of the T&Cs yielded this caveat at the very top of thist:
Quote:
Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in the U.S.
It won't STOP me from buying ebooks from Kindle, but that uncertainty about eligibility ("may") will guarantee that I don't change my buying preference. Kindle will remain my "only if Kobo doesn't have it" choice
Uncle Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-31-2022, 09:57 PM   #21
ZodWallop
Gentleman and scholar
ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ZodWallop ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD; Nook ST w/Glowlight, (2015) Glowlight Plus, Paperwhite 3
I got an email titled Welcome to Kindle Rewards! It's a beta program and it looks like I'm a part of it.

I have 30 points. At three hundred points I get $3 credit. There's a bonus, if I spend $10 between now and Nov 9, I get 300 points.

Quote:
How it works
  1. Earn Kindle Points. Get 5 points per dollar spent on Kindle books and 2 points per dollar spent on print books.
  2. Complete bonus offers. Get even more Kindle Points!
  3. Redeem for Kindle book credits. Get $3 for every 300 points.
ZodWallop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 02:27 AM   #22
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I'm also getting points. I have activated bonus points and will soon have my first $3 credit (I'm 4 cents short ATM).

It's interesting you also get points for print books (I won't because I never buy any), but they apply only to Kindle books.

I'm going to assume even though it is Beta that I'll actually get credits.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 08:46 PM   #23
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Libra Color, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
As a bonus, I activated the "punch card" for purchases between Oct. 31 and Nov. 9. Among the several denominations awarded, I received an instant 300 points plus 75 for the book itself.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2022, 09:00 PM   #24
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I'm also getting points. I have activated bonus points and will soon have my first $3 credit (I'm 4 cents short ATM).

It's interesting you also get points for print books (I won't because I never buy any), but they apply only to Kindle books.

I'm going to assume even though it is Beta that I'll actually get credits.
From Terms & conditions:

• Eligible customers will receive 5 Kindle Points per dollar spent on Kindle books and 2 Kindle Points per dollar spent on print books (excluding textbooks, magazines, newspapers, audiobooks, comics, and digital subscriptions), up to a maximum of 200 Kindle Points per book, or 400 Kindle Points per book on double points days.

• Kindle Points must be redeemed for promotional Kindle book credit (“Credit”) within 6 months of the date of issuance, or before 11:59 PM PT on the date the Beta ends, whichever is earlier. Any Kindle Points not redeemed for Credit before this time will expire.
Old 11-02-2022, 09:22 PM   #25
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante
Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Uncle Robin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Yesterday, I went through the steps it outlined to activate Kindle Rewards, and when I purchased a book that had a listed rewad of 21 points, there was a message on the order page to effect of "woohoo you've earned 21 points, only 279 more to go". 24 hours later, my Kindle Points total remains at zero. So, not for me, I think.
Old 11-03-2022, 12:18 PM   #26
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
I managed to fill out the 'punch card' and got my first $3 Kindle book credit (you have to 'activate' it). Bought a $2.99 book with it, and earned another 15 points for that purchase.

In the past they have had 'Buy $20, get $5' promotions over a similar time frame to the 'punch card'. This is a little easier to achieve (though I seem to never have had a problem meeting the $20 threshold), and with the continue accumulation of points from these and other purchases, it probably means it's a little more generous. Of course we can't assume how frequently Punch Cards will show up.

I see the points earned expire when the Beta ends. But as long as you keep redeeming when you have 300 in hand, the most that can expire is 299, even if they don't let us know when Beta is over. Not much at stake, even if they don't roll over to whatever Kindle Points become after the Beta is over.

Last edited by tomsem; 11-03-2022 at 12:24 PM.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2022, 12:25 PM   #27
Skydog
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
Yesterday, I went through the steps it outlined to activate Kindle Rewards, and when I purchased a book that had a listed rewad of 21 points, there was a message on the order page to effect of "woohoo you've earned 21 points, only 279 more to go". 24 hours later, my Kindle Points total remains at zero. So, not for me, I think.
I must confess that I was surprised to be credited so quickly. If there is no change in 48 hours I hope you will submit feedback from within the program. The info may help to squash any bugs sooner rather than later. Below is what appears on my rewards page in addition to the the numerical display:

Kindle punch card completed!

Congratulations! You earned 300 bonus points by spending $10 on Kindle books between Oct 31 and Nov 9. It may take up to 24 hours for your Kindle Points balance to update.
Old 11-08-2022, 04:54 PM   #28
odamizu
just an egg
odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.odamizu ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, iOS
I never received an email alerting me that the program existed, but I guess I am part of the beta since I saw the points and links when I logged into my account (after reading about it here — thanks guys!)

I activated the "punch card", spent $10+ on an ebook to get my first $3 Kindle book credit and used it to buy another ebook. In all these transactions, my account was credited pretty much instantaneously, even though it said to allow up to 24 hours for points and credits to appear.

In the fine print it says the points expire in 6 months (or when the Beta ends, whichever comes first), and once you redeem points for a credit, the credit expires in 30 days.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
I managed to fill out the 'punch card' and got my first $3 Kindle book credit (you have to 'activate' it). Bought a $2.99 book with it, and earned another 15 points for that purchase.

... I see the points earned expire when the Beta ends. But as long as you keep redeeming when you have 300 in hand, the most that can expire is 299, even if they don't let us know when Beta is over. Not much at stake, even if they don't roll over to whatever Kindle Points become after the Beta is over.
odamizu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2022, 04:57 PM   #29
Uncle Robin
Diligent dilettante

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydog View Post
I must confess that I was surprised to be credited so quickly. If there is no change in 48 hours I hope you will submit feedback from within the program.
There was no change, and it seems no point. The most likely explanation for the illusory nature of the points I 'earned' would seem to be that very first bullet point in the T&Cs

Quote:
Digital content and services may only be available to customers located in the U.S.
I'm not located in the U.S.
Old 11-09-2022, 06:36 AM   #30
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Robin View Post
I went to buy Christianna Brands Green for Danger just now and saw that I could get 18 points. Careful reading of the T&Cs yielded this caveat at the very top of thist:

It won't STOP me from buying ebooks from Kindle, but that uncertainty about eligibility ("may") will guarantee that I don't change my buying preference. Kindle will remain my "only if Kobo doesn't have it" choice
If Kobo doesn't have it, try eBooks.com and then if eBooks.com doesn't have it, try Amazon.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote