Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-12-2022, 12:45 PM   #781
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Thanks all. I used Kindlebreak. All worked fine.
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2022, 01:16 PM   #782
janxor
janxor began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hey, i searched the thread but counldn't find any solution to this problem:
after entering demo mode and pressing on "sideload content", i can't connect to my pc, tried on mac, linux and windows, no luck, tried 5 different cables and all usb ports.
anyone had this problem aswell? the device just doesn't show up on my computer there are also no messages in "dmesg" or "lsblk" on linux.

Also now i am stuck in demo mode and when pressing "resell device" i get "shipping mode error" because my battery is too high, do i really just have to wait now, reset again and try all over? are the any settings i can change so my kindle is in some sort of usb mode?
janxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2022, 03:42 PM   #783
vs40
vs40 is on a distinguished road

Device: KPW 11 JB
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWolf View Post
2 Days ago in Germany, PW 5 Signature Edition with 5.14.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbrisco View Post
Saw one last week at a physical retailer at 5.14.0.1 (I grabbed and jailbroke it), though last month I'd seen another location of that retailer with 5.14.3.0.1 and had given up hope. A welcome surprise
Quote:
Originally Posted by Puky70 View Post
I got one with 5.14.2 last week (germany).
I got one from amazon.de with 5.14.3, but I decided to try my luck with local Media Markt and found PW5 with 5.14.0.1
vs40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 11:39 AM   #784
mossbee
mossbee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 3
Hi all, I am pretty new to Jailbreak, I am having a PPW3 with 5.14.3. Is there any method to jailbreak it?
mossbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2022, 02:07 PM   #785
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by mossbee View Post
Hi all, I am pretty new to Jailbreak, I am having a PPW3 with 5.14.3. Is there any method to jailbreak it?
Only by connecting to the internal serial port.
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=267541
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-23-2022, 06:24 AM   #786
E72
E72 began at the beginning.

Device: PW3
Unhappy PW3 5.14.2 doesn't prompt JB install

Hello,

I've searched the thread to solve my issue, to no avail. I'm stuck at step jailbreak-6: info is loaded, but no prompt at all.

Background:
  • 1st first try with 5.9.5.1, I reach step Setup-4. I get in demo mode, enter dummy values, but nothing else happens.
  • I click "resell device". Hard reboot isn't enough to advance and I recon my SW is too old, so I search for an update.
  • I copy "update_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_5.14.2.bin" in root directory, hit update device and it all goes fine.

Setup
  • I try jailbreaking and, again, get stuck at step 4. My PW3 doesn't ask for dummy values, demo files, etc.
  • A few replies in this thread confirm that, in such case, you can go to step 9 - so do I.

Jailbreak
  • Despite no confirmation, I seem to enter demo mode; options are limited and if I type ;demo I acces said demo menu.
  • The sideload option is tricky. The computer makes the ding (something is plugged in), but the PW3 doesn't show. I unplug/plug the cable again and, voilà, now it appears (and the PW3 shows the USB screen).
  • I do steps 2 to 5. No prompt at all. If I hit "Exit", I get an error. Hard reboot
  • I try the sideload again. Nothing. But now I can click Exit.
  • I try the sideload option without pc connection. Nothing.

So this is where I am now. The SW is in the kindle, but when I try to sideload it does nothing. Any ideas how can I proceed?
Thanks in advance!
E72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2022, 06:34 AM   #787
E72

Quote:
Originally Posted by janxor View Post
...Hey, i searched the thread but counldn't find any solution to this problem:
after entering demo mode and pressing on "sideload content", i can't connect to my pc, tried on mac, linux and windows, no luck, tried 5 different cables and all usb ports...
I try to edit my post, but it wouldn't save, so here it is again.
I had the same issue. When sideloading, I would plug the cable, my PC would make a dong, but nothing would show on My computer.

In the end, it was as easy as unplugging and plugging the cable back. The kindle would go from sideload screen to usb loading screen and it would pop in my computer. After that, extract from PC, hit done on kindle aaand.... in my case, nothing.
Old 10-24-2022, 03:04 AM   #788
E72

Quote:
Originally Posted by E72 View Post
Just a quick update. I followed this video, which seems to cover the process described in this thread (same steps and SW). He got no prompt either (2:37):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RO2zQXvVuJY

In other words; I went from step 5 to step 9. From there, everything went smooth and as planned, so I guess it worked.

Huge thanks to @katadelos and those who posted before!
Old 10-24-2022, 03:18 AM   #789
Badcatalex
I draw.
Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Badcatalex ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K1, K4B, KPW3, KOA3, KF7 (2019)
Can't wait for the technical write-up.

Still a very good jailbreak that works every time.
Badcatalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 01:11 PM   #790
Gaaks
Gaaks possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaaks possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaaks possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaaks possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaaks possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaaks possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaaks possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaaks possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaaks possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaaks possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaaks possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: KT4
Can someone point out to me from which part of the process do I start to "recover" the jailbreak after formatting a jailbroken kindle? Do I start on "Post Jailbreak"?
Gaaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 02:08 PM   #791
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2 & PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa & Sage
Define "formatting"?
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 02:15 PM   #792
Gaaks
Gaaks possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaaks possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaaks possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaaks possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaaks possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaaks possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaaks possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaaks possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaaks possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaaks possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and TimeGaaks possesses cleverness exceeding the boundaries of Space and Time

Device: KT4
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Define "formatting"?
oops, I think the correct term is factory reset, from the kindle settings.
Gaaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2022, 09:04 PM   #793
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2 & PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa & Sage
Reboot, then reinstall the JB hotfix.
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 11:24 PM   #794
Slights
Slights began at the beginning.

Device: pw2
Can this be done with 5.12.2? I messed up thinking I had 5.12.2.2, but I don't. My device is in demo mode and I'm not sure if I can actually jailbreak this
Slights is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2022, 11:39 PM   #795
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slights View Post
Can this be done with 5.12.2? I messed up thinking I had 5.12.2.2, but I don't. My device is in demo mode and I'm not sure if I can actually jailbreak this
You should be able to as your firmware is <= 5.14.2

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak