Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 10-06-2022, 07:28 AM   #766
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)
mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Alita
Quote:
Originally Posted by vs40 View Post
Hi, folks!

Any info with which firmware now KPW5 is shipped out the box?
Saw one last week at a physical retailer at 5.14.0.1 (I grabbed and jailbroke it), though last month I'd seen another location of that retailer with 5.14.3.0.1 and had given up hope. A welcome surprise
mbrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 12:43 PM   #767
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by pcace View Post
now there is only one last question: if i happen to update to a newer firmare - is there any chance to downgrade again?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=347165
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-06-2022, 01:26 PM   #768
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3W, PW4
Quote:
Hi there, sorry for that last message - i just did not quite understand that the jailbreak worked and i do have to install (copy to the device) this thing:
"KUAL (coplate) | KUAL-eb7e23d-20221002.tar.xz | 2022-Oct-02 03:15:00 | 73.4K | e88213b65824aec51a23c755e5f31875 | Upstream"

now there is only one last question: if i happen to update to a newer firmare - is there any chance to downgrade again?

Cheers and Thanks for the great forum and jailbreak!
Get the rename OTA binaries extension for KUAL and use it to prevent an upgrade without your action.

Dave
dhdurgee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2022, 04:07 PM   #769
kindle_us3r
kindle_us3r began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5
Hello.
I am stuck at the "skip misconfiguration lock" step.
The "Configure device" whitebox just doesn't show up, and the secret gesture doesn't work.
I'm using a Kindle Paperwhite 5 running 5.14.2 firmware.
Help me please
kindle_us3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2022, 02:10 AM   #770
mbrisco
(gtfo/freak)
mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mbrisco ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Alita
Quote:
Hi there, sorry for that last message - i just did not quite understand that the jailbreak worked and i do have to install (copy to the device) this thing:
"KUAL (coplate) | KUAL-eb7e23d-20221002.tar.xz | 2022-Oct-02 03:15:00 | 73.4K | e88213b65824aec51a23c755e5f31875 | Upstream"

Cheers and Thanks for the great forum and jailbreak!
Hey, congrats and glad my instructions helped. I don’t know about downgrading since I’ve never tried it myself, but it seems possible from what I’ve skimmed. I just blocked the OTA updates using renameotabin KUAL extension, so haven’t worried about that.
mbrisco is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2022, 05:40 AM   #771
ArthurLee
ArthurLee began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 5 Signatured Edition
so can I jailbreak my kpw5 on 5.14.3.2? if not, I wonder when can I do it
ArthurLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2022, 06:56 AM   #772
BionicGecko
Connoisseur
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArthurLee View Post
so can I jailbreak my kpw5 on 5.14.3.2? if not, I wonder when can I do it
No, there is currently no known method to jailbreak the PW5 on a firmware version above 5.14.2.
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 09:38 AM   #773
Iceyz
Iceyz began at the beginning.

Device: DX to PW5!
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
Misleading typo. (Or you did it wrong ).
Yeah sorry it shipped with 5.14.0.1 that wasn't supported by the JB (not in the OP and it would not apply), I had to do a tiny update to to 5.14.1.1

This forum is odd with it's moderation and inability to edit posts so I can't fix it..
Iceyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2022, 07:35 PM   #774
revtup
revtup began at the beginning.

Device: kindle Oasis
Is there a reason my newly erased oasis on 5.14.2 will not go into demo mode?
revtup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 06:14 AM   #775
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Hi, how can I jailbreak a PW3 with firmware 5.9.x? This thread says "for any Kindle <= 5.14.2", but the compatiblity list just starts at 5.13.x. Can I upgrade the PW3 to any of the older firmwares somehow?
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 07:35 AM   #776
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5 [Kids edition], Kindle PW1
Yes you can, by using your computer to download appropriate firmware bin file from Amazon's servers and then transferring it to your PW3.

Code:
https://s3.amazonaws.com/firmwaredownloads/update_kindle_all_new_paperwhite_5.13.6.bin
This is direct link for downloading firmware 5.13.6 ( = the last firmware before UI changed to this new look) for PW3 aka "7th gen" Paperwhite. Use that as a "template" to construct a link that will download whatever version you want , just change the version number.
Before deciding if you want to go beyond 5.14.1 my advice would be to search for discussions about UI changes and functional changes in regards to Collection view / collection sort and library UI in general. Many people seriously dislike those changes.

Last edited by shamanNS; 10-11-2022 at 07:46 AM.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 11:34 AM   #777
dhdurgee
Guru
dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dhdurgee ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WS64 View Post
Hi, how can I jailbreak a PW3 with firmware 5.9.x? This thread says "for any Kindle <= 5.14.2", but the compatiblity list just starts at 5.13.x. Can I upgrade the PW3 to any of the older firmwares somehow?
You might want to go look further at the sticky Open Sesame thread before proceeding. There are jailbreaks for earlier releases that are easier to do than this one.

Dave
Old 10-11-2022, 04:43 PM   #778
WS64
WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WS64 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura / PB Lux 2 / Bookeen Frontlight / Kobo Mini / Nook Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhdurgee View Post
You might want to go look further at the sticky Open Sesame thread before proceeding. There are jailbreaks for earlier releases that are easier to do than this one.

Dave
I'd like to, but this and the OpenSesame thread are so confusing...

Open Seasams says e.g.:
JailBreak.

The current method (WatchThis) requires a device running a FW version <= to 5.14.2.

If that's not you, then you're currently sorely out of luck.
Well, I am <=5.14.2, so Watch This should be for me. But then WatchThis sas >=5.13, so WatchThis is not for me.
combined with the next sentence it means "sorely out of luck".

Then there is the Snapshot page, which has Jailbreaks for 5.0.x - 5.4.4.2 and 5.10.3 - 5.13.3 but nothing for the versions between.

I'm lost, I'd like to find an easier method than upgrading to a supported WatchThis-version. But I don't see any!
WS64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2022, 04:52 PM   #779
dhdurgee
Guru

Quote:

Open Seasams says e.g.:
JailBreak.

The current method (WatchThis) requires a device running a FW version <= to 5.14.2.

Well, I am <=5.14.2, so Watch This should be for me. But then WatchThis sas >=5.13, so WatchThis is not for me.

Then there is the Snapshot page, which has Jailbreaks for 5.0.x - 5.4.4.2 and 5.10.3 - 5.13.3 but nothing for the versions between.

I'm lost, I'd like to find an easier method than upgrading to a supported WatchThis-version. But I don't see any!
Check in this post here:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...44&postcount=2

In particular the part on Factory JB, which includes PW3 5.9.6.1 firmware.

Dave
Old 10-11-2022, 04:59 PM   #780
j.p.s
Wizard
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:

Open Seasams says e.g.:
JailBreak.

A lot of people have trouble doing a jailbreak with WatchThis, so unless there is no other way some other method would be better to try.

One of the easiest methods in a long time is KindleBreak
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=338268
but you will still have to update first. The first post has a Firmware updating tutorial at the bottom.

There is also a PW3 only that is running 5.9.x where x <= 6, which is perfect for you except that KindleBreak is still easier even counting the required update, unless you want to stay below 5.10.3 and some people do want to do that because kindle firmware has been getting worse and worse since 5.9.6.x
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=313086
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jailbreak