Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-07-2013, 01:01 AM   #1
ysyang888
ysyang888 began at the beginning.

Device: kobo glo
Help! bricked glo need SD image

Dear sirs,
My glo just add some file and sd failure. I also no backup my SD card image.
I see the solution is SD image restore to new one, but I don't have the image, anybody can help me? please.
ysyang888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 01:48 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Before the drastic step of using an image, have you tried the factory reset using the buttons?

To do this:

- Hold the power slider in the off position for at least 20 seconds. This is to ensure the Glo is off.
- Then, hold the light button down and turn it on.
- Release the light button when the LEDs start to flash.

If it doesn't work the first time, try again, but take a bit longer at each step. You can also use the pinhole reset button instead of the light button.

I'll send you a PM with link to the image, just in case.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-07-2013, 08:20 AM   #3
ysyang888

Many thanks for help. I reset but no use, the sd card content is damaged I think. After restore, the sd image, glo is working.
But now I have some issue. The original I can put the .ttf file into the font file, then see the epub file with chinese (unicode). But now it's no function even I setup the font type?
Old 12-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #4
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysyang888 View Post
But now I have some issue. The original I can put the .ttf file into the font file, then see the epub file with chinese (unicode). But now it's no function even I setup the font type?
Do you have the folder named as "fonts" (no quotes, all lower case, with an S on the end)?
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 07:10 PM   #5
ysyang888

Yes, I did it.
And I find that I need to "reset" again after I put the ttf file, after this action glo new ttf work.
Advert
Old 12-07-2013, 10:29 PM   #6
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysyang888 View Post
Yes, I did it.
And I find that I need to "reset" again after I put the ttf file, after this action glo new ttf work.
A power off and back on probably would have worked (reset shouldn't have been needed), forgot to mention try that too. Glad it's working.
robko is offline   Reply With Quote