Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-24-2022, 09:58 AM   #46
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Here is the Kobo Libra 2 for $159 sold by BlueProton and shipped by Amazon. This one is legit.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09HSRGZRL
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 01:33 PM   #47
j.p.s
Grand Sorcerer
j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.j.p.s ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: pb360
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Just yesterday, there was an article in the WaPo entitled: It’s not your imagination: Shopping on Amazon has gotten worse. It was largely concerning how search results are overwhelmingly promotional now.
I've been feeling like the frog in a pot of heating water for a long time now, but there are problems with shopping on amazon.com beyond the ads.

A few weeks ago the site became unusable with third party cookies blocked, even as web browsers are moving toward third party cookies blocked by default.

And you can't completely avoid third party vendors by only buying "sold and shipped by amazon.com". Many items are both sold by amazon and sold by other vendors but fullfilled by amazon. amazon does not keep track of such items sent to them by these other vendors, so if such an item is counterfeit it could be sent to you even if you bought it from an honest vendor or amazon itself.
j.p.s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 02:06 PM   #48
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by issybird View Post
Just yesterday, there was an article in the WaPo entitled: It’s not your imagination: Shopping on Amazon has gotten worse. It was largely concerning how search results are overwhelmingly promotional now.
I'll say. What irritates me most are the filters. Amazon's filters suck! I type in a specific brand of an item in the search bar and Amazon delivers multiple brands. So I search the filters for the brand (if that filter even exists) and I still get multiple brands.

Not a happy camper
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 04:52 PM   #49
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Drib View Post
Let's hope you're right. [Seriously!]

But...in the meantime, I have this for sale: [See below.]
Why would anyone do that?
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 05:14 PM   #50
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Why would anyone do that?
Floods? Genetic coding error? First on the block? Dumbassery? Why not?
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2022, 08:18 PM   #51
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
Floods? Genetic coding error? First on the block? Dumbassery? Why not?
If it floods that high, you might want to consider moving. Although I stayed in Galveston for a few nights and the houses along the beach were on stilts (not that high, though).
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 10:18 AM   #52
Gardenman
Wizard
Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gardenman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony prs-350,Nook HD+, Kindle 2nd gen, kindle keyboard
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I'll say. What irritates me most are the filters. Amazon's filters suck! I type in a specific brand of an item in the search bar and Amazon delivers multiple brands. So I search the filters for the brand (if that filter even exists) and I still get multiple brands.

Not a happy camper

Not only brands but you get adds for different types of items altogether.
Gardenman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2022, 10:27 AM   #53
DuskyRose
Guru
DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DuskyRose ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Palma, Kdle Scribe & Paperwhite, Kobo Eclipsa 2e & Libra 2, Ipads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gardenman View Post
Not only brands but you get adds for different types of items altogether.
Yeah, it's been getting worse and worse as time goes on.

If I'm searching, I'm in the mood to buy that particular thing. Making shopping annoying and frustrating doesn't make me happy to be using their system, and slows me down.

I don't know what they're thinking when they make it HARDER to find stuff on their own search engine.
DuskyRose is offline   Reply With Quote