Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-07-2009, 06:03 PM   #31
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Originally Posted by carld View Post
I'm willfully resisting the urge to flip the Kindle for "just a second" at long stop lights.
Yeah, I have to keep myself from opening the Kindle at a traffic light too. I'd get so involved, I'd miss the green and probably get rear-ended. Not good!
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 06:36 PM   #32
marychelle
marychelle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I read in bed, in the bath and in coffee shops and restaurants. I get extremely frustrated when I have left it on the bedside table and not taken it with me in the morning.
marychelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2009, 08:04 PM   #33
dmaul1114
Wizard
dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dmaul1114 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Amazon Kindle 1
Bed and the couch mainly. Will definitely read the hell out of it on plane trips (just got it after my latest trip unfortunatley).
dmaul1114 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 08:26 PM   #34
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MsAstoria View Post
I am amazed how many Kindle owners are lefties, including me! Favorite places to read are in bed before dropping off to sleep. And if the weather in nice outside, in my swing on the from porch. Sometimes I use the text to speech to read to me while cooking. I've also used the MP3 player sometimes just to play some nice music when I am in my office.
I'm a righty but I usually hold the Kindle and paper books in my left.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:00 PM   #35
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
I read all over the place now, but in the house my favorite spots are in bed (I just fall asleep too quickly most nights) and on the chaise in the living room. As the weather warms up though I'll spend more time out on the deck by the pool - I am so ready for spring!
Love to whip it out to read at fast food places too. And count me in as a bathroom reader.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-07-2009, 11:18 PM   #36
kevindorsey
Evangelist
kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.kevindorsey has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: kindle
I love reading my kindle right before going to sleep. Find a good novel, and relax in bed
kevindorsey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2009, 11:21 PM   #37
NavyDad6
Reading is FUNdamental
NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.NavyDad6 once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kindle 2
Left hand.

Bed and couch.

Also at my desk at work.... it is good to be the King!
NavyDad6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2009, 06:52 PM   #38
ChaseKR
Connoisseur
ChaseKR began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 4 Touch, iPad 1 3G
I like to read in a coffee shop or airport so that I can show it off :P
ChaseKR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:44 AM   #39
cordellmh
cordellmh began at the beginning.

Everywhere

In bed, on the dumper, at work while waiting for my crew. I load my own work reference material so that it is always available. It's the most useful device I own.
cordellmh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 10:50 AM   #40
DawnLeeOwens
Enthusiast
DawnLeeOwens began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2
Okay.....5 days now.... I love my Kindle.... I like reading in the bed, couch, massage chair.....but my favorite place has to be as a passanger in the golf cart while my hubby plays... Good quality time.... I like being outdoors and in the past, it was annoying trying to hold the book, keep pages from flipping etc.... The Kindle sat on my lap (when we stopped) and I finished almost an entire book , while he completed 18 holes... VERY NICE...
DawnLeeOwens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:46 AM   #41
Seant018
Enthusiast
Seant018 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
I can read almost anywhere, but I absolutely love reading in a quite, relaxing place (I know, I know, who doesn't?) My ideal place would be a nice coffee shop, because I love the smell of coffee

When I went to Japan last August, I did end up reading 5 books while waiting in airports and flying haha. Surprisingly, I read 2 printed books, and the other 3 on my Sony Reader.
Seant018 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 11:48 AM   #42
pilotbob
Grand Sorcerer
pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pilotbob ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnLeeOwens View Post
The Kindle sat on my lap (when we stopped) and I finished almost an entire book , while he completed 18 holes... VERY NICE...
Golf should not be so relaxing. You should play golf with him so you can be as frustrated and discouraged as he is.

BOb
pilotbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 01:56 PM   #43
DebraSeattleGrrl
DebraSeattleGrrl doesn't litterDebraSeattleGrrl doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Well, one of my favorite places to use my eBook display device is actually the bathroom.

I love this crowd!
DebraSeattleGrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 03:07 PM   #44
busy91
Connoisseur
busy91 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.busy91 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.busy91 has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Nook Color
At my desk at work. I am positioned so people who pass by cannot see it. I prop it up at the base of my CPU and read. People think I'm looking at my computer. Of course, I do all my work first, and the down time is reserved for reading. At least now people will just think it's another gadget. A book is so obvious, this isn't. I can read all day long.
busy91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2009, 04:25 PM   #45
MissNomer
Ancora Imparo
MissNomer is on a distinguished road

Anywhere and Everywhere!

On the lanai (it's 82 degrees this afternoon), in my easy chair, in bed, in the car, in restaurants, at the mall, walking the dog, in my office during lunch. . .but my favorite place is on the back of the Honda. . .

Mostly right-handed (I'd give my right arm to be ambidextrous!)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MeNMyKindle.JPG
Views:	186
Size:	518.5 KB
ID:	25341  
MissNomer is offline   Reply With Quote